Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New pics with 38s on hummer rims and 3/4 ton.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Mar 4, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is what I did for my weeked. Started Friday night at 6 and finnished last Tues morning at 1 A.M.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing thats left to do is a little hacking so I can clear when the tires stuff.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Sweet

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

:drool: Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Jealousy has just set in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sweet looking

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

hummer rims are KEWL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

OOOWEEE! That looks nice. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

looks good. when are you going to test it out?

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

you officially suck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. balzackks84

I dunno. I've got to trim the fenders first so I don't custom groove and I've also have to chase down a couple funny noises. Oh... and I've got a Detroit in the garage that needs to be installed. Shouldn't be too long tho. The problem is that I have no time between school, work, and homework to do all of it. Thats why it took me so long just to get this swap together and done.

Well I guess no matter what I'm going to do something the last week of this month. Either TSF Tues-Thurs or Sandlake 28-30.

10. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

damn man, you got no more excuses not to go, ;P if you ever got a free weekend, you can roll over here and do some trimming, Im an expert now heh, looks good are you gonna Groove the middle tread on those tires or what? Cut all the middle tread blocks in half with like a 1/2 inch grooving blade.

11. balzackks84

How does this weekend sound if its not too wet. These tires have to last me a while and its a DD so I think the only grooving that will be done is by the fenders. The only thing I don't understand on the fenders is how to roll the edges without f'ing the whole thing up.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif at your new sig line.

12. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

roll the edges? just Cut, then file the burs off and make it smooth, itll look good, as with grooving the tires, i grooved mine a year ago, and if you come by this weekend you can see how much tread is left. And cassidy has also grooved his, He grooved his old 38's and ran them for like 3 years,.....

13. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

I kinda look at groving like this........take a peice of flat bar and lay it on the ground. now take a peice of chain and lay it next to it. now try to make the flat bar turn. it slides right? think of this as your tread sliding across the pavement../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...can you see bald tires yet? now do it with the chain. are you getting it yet? smaller tread blocks can conform better when turning instead of sliding, plus you get twice as many biting edges /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Scott

14. balzackks84

[ QUOTE ]
    I kinda look at groving like this........take a peice of flat bar and lay it on the ground. now take a peice of chain and lay it next to it. now try to make the flat bar turn. it slides right? think of this as your tread sliding across the pavement../forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...can you see bald tires yet? now do it with the chain. are you getting it yet? smaller tread blocks can conform better when turning instead of sliding, plus you get twice as many biting edges /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, i realize that but double the biting edges means more of the tire is biting into the concrete when I drive it everyday to school and work. That is why im not to fond of the idea.