Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Apr 8, 2000.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Here is an attempt to figure out how to attach to my message.... This is the new pic of my roof rack, and the jerry can rack on the rear bumper. Lets see.....

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

2. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hey it worked! Im sooo excited!

Here is another rear view, crappy pic but more to be taken soon.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]

3. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Holy cool rack batman!
    Jeez that is a cool setup you got there Thump. Everytime I see your rig it looks different. The sides of the roof rack kinda look like an external roll cage. Does the roof rack come off with the topper or is it bolted to the body?
    Man I wish you would make some plans to post on here! I want one too.

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Actually it is all separate. The large tubes from the box sides up to the top are aluminum and are welded to a plate on each side that bolts under the hardtop when installed. Then the smaller tubes are steel and that whole basket is removable from the boat rack, then you can pull the aluminum part, then the hard top comes off, (not real easy but not too tough for a couple guys). Its quite a system but its functional for the winter or for long trips in the summer (like down to South Dakota, Colorado or somewhere like that!).
    I have a couple of new films, I am going to take some good detailed pics of everything, then write up an article for Steve to post if he is interested. Thanks for the kudos, it meqans a lot when others like what Ive done! [​IMG]

Talk later
    Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]

5. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Thumper, you are a genius! That is the coolest rack I have ever seen. Please post instructions/cost information as soon as you get a chance, whether Steve wants it for this site or not! (I can't imagine he won't want you to, though [​IMG]!) It should be on the web somewhere, it is art, dammitt! I'd also love instructions on your tire carrier/gerry can rack. Totally cool stuff. My truck wants to be just like yours when it grows up! [​IMG]

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Thumper II is looking great! Yeah when are you comin down to wheel? Good chance to check the luggage carrying capacity of that new rack and I'm sure you'll need that jerry can full of gas to help make it between gas stations! I'll e-mail ya later.

David

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

7. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Thumper:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: From all the Blazers/Jimmys I've seen, yours is one of my favorites.

Keep up the good work buddy, and make sure you get those higher quality pics soon. I'm sure your Jimmy will make it into the calendar.

See you around.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]