Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

***NEW PICTURES*** Spy Photos Of Tubed Front End*** Beware***

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Sep 6, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Here it is almost in it's finished state, still have to mount the hood, it's all ready to go, cut off the old hood and skined. Have to find some used 1st Gen fender and skin them, but other than that, it's about done.

Many and HUGE THANKS to Matt Fenmore, AZ-K5 /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif for all his skills and help today, he did all of the tube bending and coping for me today, all I did was hold the stupid end /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif :whistling of the tube and welded /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif it once he bent and coped /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif the tube.

Matt was the only reason I got this far today, without him, and his help, this would still be sitting in the garage at home. Matt I owe you one, and really appreciate it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Also a huge thanks to Nick AKA, Mosesburb for his help with my wiring harness for the front lights, he is the man when it comes to wiring GM stuff. NICK, THANKS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Almost ready for Moab!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Rob, Nice job. When you have better lighting take some more pictures of the details. I'll bet the A/C works good.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

looks good Rob. Did you let Matt use that same conduit stuff he normally does? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif It bends kinda easy so watch it around those rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Can't wait to see it in person. Matt does some pretty good work sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That whole tubing and bending thing is pretty easy for him.

If you need anymore help let me know. I am back in town so I can come by whenever.

Harley

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Nice work guys! Looking forward to seeing it in person.

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif looking good

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I just can't wait till you get to rub it. Should make a solid "thud" sound. It has me thinkin' about mine.

Glad I could help, wish I could go.

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Everyone,

Thanks, for all the great complements, it is starting to grow on me some. Spent a lot of time finishing off the wiring today, along with some bonding time. I brought the hood home today.

I'm pretty stoked. It should make for some pretty fun wheeling. It's totally diffrent when driving, no rattles, no clanks.

Once again, I really appreciate everyones help with this.

Rob

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Boy howdy Rob you really get the ole creative juices goin.

(insert music here) To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe.......... (end music here)

Gosh it just brings a tear to my eye. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

SWEET /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    looks good

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

bling /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif