Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New PitBull Tires Introduced

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by eldiablo, Oct 19, 2004.

1. eldiablo

eldiablo Registered Member

Three new PITBULL tires

The Rocker "Extreme Off-Road"
    [​IMG]

The MadDog "mud terrain"
    [​IMG]

The Growler "All Terrain Extra"
    [​IMG]

More info and sizes can be seen here: http://pitbulltires.com/pbfullpagead10042.pdf

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

prices? sizes?

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Click that link to get the sizes, I will let him know he has questions on price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

whats the tread depth? I see the right size there /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

How much are the 35x14.50x16.5 all terrain Growlers?

What's the average mileage expectancy? Tread depth?

Those are some sweet looking tires!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

rocker looks interesting. any plans on a larger tire than a 39.5? maybe a competitor to the 42 irok? hopefully in a 16-17 width? hint... hint... hint... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. eldiablo

We will have 33x1350-15, 16, 16.5 & 17 37x1350-15, 16, 16.5 & 17 - 39.5x1450-15, 16, 16.5 & 17 as well as the 35" in the Rocker. Maddog and Growler will be in 35" only for now. As for prices...we are still establishing dealers...and each dealer will set his own price.

It is our understanding that a couple of dealers are selling the 35x1450-15 Rocker for about $220 each + F.E.T.

8. eldiablo

As for finding dealers...you'll be able to use our dealer locator on our website www.pitbulltires.com

9. eldiablo

22/32nds tread depth on all tires.

10. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    For now we are not going over 39.5 simply because we think that some states are going to start banning tires 40" or over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch! That would be an ugly turn in lift laws! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Thanks for the info! Please keep us updated with dealer info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

need a dealer in Oregon??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. eldiablo

We're always looking for dealers. If you want, give A.J. an email with your information and he'll call you back.
    ajsansone@pitbulltires.com

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

sent email, Thanks Mike! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. eldiablo

Of course it may never happen...but we're giving it until after the election and another 6 months or so before we decide on making 40" and larger tires. I'm sure we'll do them at some point...probably the end of next year. Because no matter what...you know that they'll always be legal for off-road use.

But let me ask this...why the hell would anyone want a 40" or bigger tire unless you're just doing it for show? Which is fine...but it doesn't seem to me that there is that large of a market for giant tires.

I could be wrong.

15. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

But let me ask this...why the hell would anyone want a 40" or bigger tire unless you're just doing it for show? Which is fine...but it doesn't seem to me that there is that large of a market for giant tires.

I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealt with Canadians much /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Those guys are freaks about driving their rigs to the trail.

I'm building mine with the same philosophy, drive it everywhere I need to. To that end, how soon will a 39.5x14.5x16 Rocker be ready for the market? I'm thinking I need new tires yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Want to sponsor the OFN rig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    But let me ask this...why the hell would anyone want a 40" or bigger tire unless you're just doing it for show?
    I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of us require 40"-42" agressive tires so we can do this: http://coloradok5.com/uav.shtml
    with 42" being the near perfect size for extreme rock crawling/trail applications. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Of course it may never happen...but we're giving it until after the election and another 6 months or so before we decide on making 40" and larger tires. I'm sure we'll do them at some point...probably the end of next year. Because no matter what...you know that they'll always be legal for off-road use.

I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
    40" plus tire purpose? Bigger tire, easier it rolls over obstacles. Bigger tire more ground clearance. Look around you will find plenty of rigs sitting on 40+ tires around here. Certainly less than the smaller ones but not everyone has the money to spend. I'm sure its a smaller market and thats your choice as to whether or not to make that jump. I have 39.5" IROKs, and if I could afford it I'd run bigger. Not that I've rolled my rig in a long time, but at the same time what does the guy who sells the tires care about that, I already paid for them afterall.

I noticed that OK4WD is a dealer of your tires, any idea if they have any in stock? Like to go take a look at them if they do.

I just noticed your statement of some states thinking of banning large tires. Haven't heard that anywhere, would be a good reason to weight.

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

how much for the 39.5 14.50-17? how well do they wear on road? How many miles should i get out of them? they look sweet, but i need a good dual purpose tire /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

19. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    22/32nds tread depth on all tires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it?

20. nvrenuf

I just checked and all of the Swamper TSL radials and SSR's have 21/32.