Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New post of floors going back in! alot more pics! newpost:11/23

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Nov 23, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

MAN, you are crazy!! I am gonna drive my truck to you and let you do the freakin floors!! That looks awesome!
    For a cheap 1" body lift I used hockey pucks. There a buck a piece and spent 10.00 on longer bolts! i think I reused some of the bolts. The ones behingd the doors went to the ones in front of cab. I ended up buying 8 new bolts. I got the hockey pucks at dicks sporting goods.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Holy cow man----you my friend are truly hardcore. I'll bet 90% of the people on here would have thrown that truck away. Awesome job.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn man, your the man!!! If i ever have to redo the floor in my burb, you'll be the first one I call /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Looks really good, can't wait to see the finished results

5. jjlaughner

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I figured it was a plow truck with all the rust on the frame. My floor just as bad as that, but the frame was mint though.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

all i can say is you got guts!! lol..my blazer was in the same shape as yours..and now im parting it out becuase of it..with skills like that..my blazer could have potential..but i dont have the skills to do that...nice oto see some trucks are getting saved though!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Like everyone else, I want you to fix my floor too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    all i can say is you got guts!! lol..my blazer was in the same shape as yours..and now im parting it out becuase of it..with skills like that..my blazer could have potential..but i dont have the skills to do that...nice oto see some trucks are getting saved though!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didn't have much choice it had to be saved, I can't take the silver truck out and beat it up. This truck on the other hand /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif As far as parting it out... hahah, I dont think there is anything worth selling /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I won it on ebay and on first inspection it didn't look too bad /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Once home it was another story. With plowing and having some fun last winter it got a little worse. Between the PS pump blowing and the return fuel line leaking there was a couple quick fixes done (other than that the truck runs great, started first time no matter how cold and I only got it stuck once with both open diffs). This summer I pulled the fuel tank and started stripping it down and relized what I was in for. So I ended up lifting the silver truck and started looking for a donor frame, once it started getting cold again I figured I better get in gear and get the plow truck going again.

[ QUOTE ]
    Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Like everyone else, I want you to fix my floor too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had materials in the garage and a plasma cutter I think I could do it in one weekend. It's taking me forever to get everything cut and drilled and order bushings then waiting on metal. Now I'm thinking about doing the body lift and I'm out of oxygen for the cutting torch /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif