Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New product i read about...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by savagek5diesel, Feb 21, 2005.

1. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

In the april 2005 Off-Roader mag., In their "neat stuff" section they show the TURBO3000D VADA. It's for diesel engines and they say it can be used on older diesels also. anyway, to the point, it's designed to make a cleaner-burning motor by including a counter clockwise turbulence into the fuel stream, thus giving a 10% increase in gas milage GUARENTEED. It also reduces smoking, eases starting, reduced emissions, smoother idle, and better performance. It's $200 bucks.
    Wondering if anybody has heard of this yet, and if anybody has tried it on a 6.2 or 6.5. Their website is www.turbo3000d.com

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds a lot like the tornado...;)

A diesel only has a momentary fuel stream as each injector fires, so I'm not sure how they're gonna create a counter clockwise anything. :dunno:

Rene

3. tRustyK5

Oddly enough it works just as good no matter which side of the pump you install it on too...:D :D

The quote above should tell you it's probably a hollow tube.

I don't mean to be a jerk, just a real skeptic when it comes to 'magical' products that claim 5-6 mpg increases and don't offer any real explanation. Just a modern snake oil product IMO. I certainly wouldn't drop $200 on it.

Rene

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Scam.

5. savagek5diesel

yeah, i figured the same thing, it's just that four wheeler praised it so much i had a second thought on it and wanted to see what you guys knew about it. They also give you 60 day money back guarentee. anyways, thats my two cents

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

That is maybe the most idiotic product I have ever seen. Installing that on the low pressure side of the system will do absolutely NOTHING. If even one person buys this product I would be pretty pissed.

7. tRustyK5

Pretty sad when a few advertising bucks can trump unbiased reporting of a product. I guess that's been a reality for magazines for decades though. I rarely take anything at face value in the mags anymore...

Rene

8. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I can add a different angle here. I own a semi and have several friends who do as well. 3 of those guys have put this thing on and they claim it works...about .2-.3 of a mile per gallon savings, doesn't seem like much but when you run 120,000 miles or more a year it adds up. A typical semi gets 5-6 miles per gallon on average so 2 tenths is a nice number. My question to all of them is/has been "How does this thing work?" While none of them seem to know how or why it works they all say it does work. One weird thing though, it takes it a while to start working, like 3-6 weeks of time before you notice any improvement. The manufacturer claims that it need to clean out the fuel system before the device will start working to its full potential. Thats their story....I still havent bought one of these things yet.
    George

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Typical snake-oil product. I can't see in any way how this product could help out.

We get calls from a couple of these companies every year asking about doing fuel economy, emissions, or performance testing using these devices. At least 99% of them run away when they find out what it would cost to perform a true lab-based analysis of their product........so basically any of there testing "data" is pretty hack and quite questionable.

Besides, if products like these actually worked don't you think ALL of the auto manufacturers would be jumping on them to install on their new vehicles with the huge push to reduce fuel consumption and emissions?

10. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Besides, if products like these actually worked don't you think ALL of the auto manufacturers would be jumping on them to install on their new vehicles with the huge push to reduce fuel consumption and emissions?[/QUOTE]

You know thats exactly why I still haven't bought one of these yet
    George

11. savagek5diesel

everybody does have a good point. thanks, because i was actually contemplating on buying one. same with that damn tornado, when it's 3 in the morn. and your flipping through channels, those infomercial guys actually make you think you need that crap.