Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New project (after the blazer). 1967 f-100 *pics added*

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by gmcjimmy88, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a 1967 Ford F-100 to fill my garage space after the blazer comes out. The guy who had it before me tore it apart and started restoring it. I will be going over all of his work and then finish tearing it down. Hope to tear it down to bare frame and redo it entirely. I am not a ford man but once you go back this old it doesn't matter. It has a 3 speed on the column which I am thinking about converting to a four speed floor shift. It came factory with a 352 but was told it has a later 351 in it. I need to run the numbers to verify. It is in pretty decent shape and the price was right (he said come get it and it is mine). It has a 9 inch rear and everything else is pretty stock. I need to go through the boxes and see what I need for it yet but I heard it run and seen it drive prior to his tear down. Two projects now my wife will leave me for sure LOL. I will post some pics in the next day or so. Let me know what you think.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

need pics for sure, sounds sweet...

btw ill trade my d60 and truck for a chevelle 64-71... that way my wife cant kill me over 2 projects lol

3. gmcjimmy88

I will get off mt arse tommorow and get the pics of this thing.

4. gmcjimmy88

Pics

So here is what he left me to reassemble. It was complete when he bought it and it ran. He tore it down this far to do some work on it. I will end up stripping it the rest of the way and doing it right I guess. Some of the body work he has already done needs to be redone. I think he may have just filled in some of the smaller holes with bondo so I will strip it all and weld all the holes closed and start fresh. Let me know what you all think. Everything he took apart he labled/bagged which should make life easier when starting reassembly.

IMGA3974.JPG

IMGA3975.JPG

IMGA3976.JPG

IMGA3977.JPG

IMGA3978.JPG

5. gmcjimmy88

more pics

more pics

IMGA3979.JPG

IMGA3980.JPG

IMGA3981.JPG

IMGA3982.JPG

IMGA3983.JPG

6. gmcjimmy88

even more pics

even more pics

IMGA3984.JPG

IMGA3985.JPG

IMGA3986.JPG

IMGA3987.JPG

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

That is not an FE motor, for sure. A 351 W intake is about 10+ inches wide, 2 inches wider that a 302/289. If they have not been removed, there are 2 tags that will identify the motor. One is on the top of the carb. It will start with a letter, probably a D or maybe an E. If it was a truck application, the third letter will be a T. There may also be a tag on one of the coil hold down bolts. Another clue is the number on the dist. Ford had a different # for just about every engine combination. FYI, Ford put a casting # on almost every cast engine part, which identifies its original application. Typical # would start as D7T, which translates to: D=70s, 7=7th year, T=Truck, or 1977 Truck. Any #s you find, I can probably ID them for you, just pm me.:D

8. gmcjimmy88

Thanks for the info I will check it out and get the info back.