Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New project is home

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 19, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

:angry1:
    [​IMG]
    :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
    Think of those angry guys as little devils :) Body is perfect. 2.8 V6 and trans are shot. 1 tons, 383, 39 Iroks here we come.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Will this one get wheeled? :whistle:

Looks like a fun project, I had an 89 S-10 Blazer a long time ago on 31's and it was fun even though it was stock. Traded it straight up for my Jimmy.

Rene

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I sure hope it does. I will be doing the SFA, lift, and cage at school this coming year so that will definetally get done. Just a matter of building the 383 and the doubler and it will be basically together.

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I want something like that.... I need something with a good body, and blown internals.... Good find - I'm jealous.

5. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

you might have a hard time with getting a doubler stuffed in that short of a wheel base, but good luck anyways. I am sure it will be an amazing truck when finished.

Remington

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If my faithful memory serves me correct, he is stretching the wheelbase...

7. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I'm amazed you found a rust free example. Here in Ohio, those S10's and the S10 Blazers all seemed to be rusted trash before they left the factory. Not uncommon to see someone driving around in an S10 pickup with the outer sheetmetal totally gone.
    Should be an interesting build.

EDIT: I guess I forgot about the vehicle inspections in PA. Still, that thing is clean.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Nope it is a florida rig. My dad got it years ag ofrom some guy who moved up here from Florida. It was to be my first vehicle. But we couldn't get it running and I wanted a full size Blazer anyway :D. So we passed it off to a friend of my dad. He and his son couldn't get it going either. Then it made its way to my cousin. My cousin couldn't get it to do anything either(finally people conceded the motor is done). So back here it is. I forget what the initial cost was but basically its free to me. Its either I do something with it or its going to the junkyard.

And yes Steve I plan to stretch the wheelbase a bit. Not a whole heck of a lot though. Chopping the top too. Haven't decide if full convertible or just later K5 style behind the cab. Probably behind the cab. Maybe half doors or lose them and just make some stuff out of tube and sheetmetal.