Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New project started

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky87k5, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

May 6, 2001
    In process of building new truck and I'm trying to find out if there are any surprises instore for me. Installing BBC into 87 Suburban that originally had a SBC. I'm using all manual trans parts with OEM hydraulic clutch and AA adapter to NV4500 trans & 205TC. Having already done the NV4500 conversion in my K5, not worried there. Haven't done the BBC thing and wondered if there could be something I'm missing. I know about needing different mounting brackets for alternator, power steering and A/C. Can I still use stock power steering pump? What about power brakes? Anything there to change? I know this swap been done many times, so I hoped to learn from others experience. Will be using a 4" lift and D60/14BFF for axles. Have most parts already but still looking for misc. small pieces.

A good firm grip is my idea of gun control!