Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Project

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79blzrfan, Mar 22, 2004.

1. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

I have recently purchased a 79 Blazer to replace the 81 that was crushed by a tree. I've decided on a 2" body lift and polyurethane mounts and bushings to start. The engine (350) and the trans (350) are being rebuilt by my brother and the 203 transfer case will get a part time kit by mile marker. Now I have a lot of sheet metal work to do, I will be replacing all fenders (front and rear) and doors. I need to do some floor repairs has anyone braced up the inside of the cab and bed area and how did it work out for you. Sorry it's so long but want you to have enough information /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

all that sheetmetal work could get COSTLY fast. why not look at some of the fiberglass tubs and or a new tub. may be cheaper in the long run.
    depending on what you plan on the use of the truck may be better as well.
    Grant

3. 79blzrfan

79blzrfan Registered Member

I have been able to get new doors and front and rear fenders at a very good cost. All together about $650. The floor panels need to be patched in a couple of places and I need to replace a rear wheel well. Not a major issue But I'm concerned that when I start cutting out the bad spots that the body lines won't line up right example: rear door not lining up with the top of the fenders. I want to make this a daily driver and use it mostly for reaching some outlying hunting areas up here in MI. I was just looking for some bracing suggestions that others have used in this situation.