Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Project!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by IGOR, Dec 30, 2003.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Wow, looks like a cool project. What are your plans? Keep us posted.
    T-roy

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Chop tha sh!t outta that bad boy Ben... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

sweet i always have liked that style of truck good luck,it looks like a good base /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. IGOR

I was thinking of making a Rat Rod out of it - very cheap, primer black, slammed to the ground with steelies and white walls,

BUT

I went and bought an issue of Classic Truck Magazine, and now have visions of Mustang II front ends, four linked rears, smoothed frames, and cherry smooth paint - of course with 17 or 18" American Racing Torque Thrust IIs.

Just don't tell the wife!

- Oh and there is the little fact that my garage is smaller than my d!ck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just dont forget to chop the top... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sweet, can't wait to see progress pics of alone the way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Nice...........looks like dropping it in the weeds and the CHOP job that Rob is advocating is a good idea! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Satin black, dubs, air suspension and big motor!

10. IGOR

Yeah Aaron - you're talking my language!

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

I also got a 78 Camaro front clip with it - but from what I understand those clips fit better under the 55-59 trucks.

A Mustang II welded on the stock frame with 2" dropped spindles and airbags all the way around would be the sh!t.

Hope I can fit in that cab though - I've been eyeballing it wondering if 6'-4" 330 lbs will fit in there!

(Better get heavier bags on the driver's side!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif when you gona get started on it?

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my brother has had his 50 chevy for about 6 years if ya have any questions or ideas we can help ya. my brother in law is building one off of my brothers left overs.

my brothers has a 12 bolt and nova front clip.

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

The cab is fine you just need to get the right seat. Oh and no body drop. The rear would be very simple to bag. the front you can get some sort of IFS and bag pretty easy. Only big issue would be motorvation, I say 2001+ 8.1L,

where would you find one though..............hhhhhhmmmmmmm

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

and with bags you don't need heavier bags per side.. just more air. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

also I am bagging my 40 coupe, as far as I'm concerned 4 like is the only way to do the rear of these.

KEY NOTE, if you plan to race it.. call your local track before you start, some will not allow air bags since if they pop, U B Draggin',lol

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

nope no need for a body drop on these. my brothers had a nova front withstock sindles and no other way of lowering and it was low, spindles would put it at the ricer stance ofgoing sideays over speed bumps.. thats where air bags comein.. psssssssttt room to cruise...ppppssstttt down to show.

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

man for some reason i realy like the look of those old trucks. Though i realy whant to restore one of the bigger ones, dualy whith a 16' flat bed or something. Sounds like this will be quite the truck once its done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and no body drop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I know /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. IGOR

Yeah - I don't know about a chopped top - I haven't seen a chop on a 47-53 truck that I liked yet. They don't look right with the bubble top cab. Of course the design is always up to change at this point.

I'll probably end up taking the 350 from the Blazer and resealing it, clean it up and just drop it into this - then find a cheap T350 or 700R4 and drop it in.

I've gotta learn a whole new vocabulary for this thing... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Shannon - as for my timeline - it will probably never be done - but I am very pumped to start working on it right now - just need to get one of the two Blazers in my garage right now out for more garage space. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It would be very sweet to have it driving before the end of summer - that might be too tall an order though....

19. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It would be very sweet to have it driving before the end of summer - that might be too tall an order though....

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah! Dude shoot low and Hope for the best, how long did the axle swap take? I forget /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. IGOR

Whatever are you talking about? That only took me 10 months for a simple axle swap /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif - whatever could you be implying? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are you saying I'm slow? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif