Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Projects

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blopez, Nov 8, 2005.

1. blopez

blopez Registered Member

I have been finacialy strained for a while and now have some cash to fix the truck up.

1972 GMC Jimmy - 454

1). EZ wirring kit? - Good Idea, Bad Idea, better product available?

2).MSD ignition 4x4 truck one - Good Idea, Bad Idea, better product available?

3).Holly Truck avenger Carb - Good Idea, Bad Idea, better product available?

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS - I WOULD HAVE SOLD MY TRUCK A LONG TIME AGO IF IT WERENT FOR THIS WEB SITE!!!!!

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

1) Know nothing about them, so no comment.

2) A GOOD HEI module with give you 95% of what the MSD system will in a near stock, non-racing engine. A bonus is all stock parts available nearly anywhere.

3) Really hard to beat a Q-jet for on or off road. Even Early Bronco guys put them on their EB's.

3. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

I bought the EZ-wiring kit for my '25 t-bucket. It's pretty darn good. If you have electrical experience you'll do good, otherwise the directions are not that helpful. You may also need to supplement it with certain plugs/wires, etc. Just as far as quality, I saw no difference between that and the Painless wiring kit.