Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new puter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by offroadcowboy, Feb 2, 2005.

1. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

I just got a new computer on Sat.:saweet: I got a HP AMD 3300+ With 64 bit processor. 149 gigabyte hd 516 ram and some other stuff i havent figured out yet.:deal: hopefully I will be on here more now that i am not running a 7 year old computer. :doah: It so much faster than my old junk and it looks cooler too.To bad I cant get a hi speed connection.:angry1:

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Congrats! Not sure what all the specs mean but it sure looks impressive.......you dont have cable or DSL in Whitman?

3. offroadcowboy

Ya I am still trying to figure it all out. I do know that it is the top of the line for now and that means I dont need a new one for a long time.:haha: Right now Hi Speed is not offered out here.

4. offroadcowboy

Ya I am still trying to figure it all out. I do know that it is the top of the line for now and that means I dont need a new one for a long time.:haha: Right now Hi Speed is not offered out here. :angry1:

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It sometimes isn't fastest , but there is two way satellite internet . Justhorsinaround runs that , worth a look see :thinking:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

to funny JEFF, i thought the same thing. it sounds cool, maybe next year i'll get a new one but , all the tech stuff ??? the higher the number the better right?:laugh:

7. offroadcowboy

You got it.The higher the number the "faster " it is.At least thats how I see it.If you get the best you can at the time then you dont have to upgrade so soon.The only problem is if you are not computer savvy then alot of the features go to waste, but you will at least have the newest technology on the market and you can always learn how to use the features that it comes with.

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Congrats!

I took the plunge back in Dec. with a Gateway M675CS 17" Laptop. It's a P4 / 3.00 Ghz and 512 RAM. I only got the 40 gb HD since I have no need to download music or movies.

I just finished installing a wireless card so I'm surfing on someboby else's network. :grin: