Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new radiator prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Mar 9, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

for an 84 c-10 with 350 and auto, 3 core one, whats good deal out there right now ? locally we have auto zone, oreilly's and napa, and thats it

29 wiiide and 21 tall, currently is 19 tall,
    6 cyl one,
    any full size rear wheel drive v-8 cars out there that ran 21x29 rads ? big buicks of late 70s ? i know the 80s caprices were not as large as 73-up trucks, but were the 67-72 trucks size

trying to think of cars that ran 21x29 so i can do some major shopping around for this size radiator

thanks for anything

2. jwill

jwill Registered Member

Most people always want the cheapest price. After working in the parts area for so long you realize you really do get what you pay for. Just like OReillys has Ultima alternators and I test about 12 bad ones a week that they sell. Napa has the Napa Powerflow radiator which isnt bad for the price and good coverage on the EOC and TOC variants and they also carry Modine. Not sure what Autozone carries on hand. I run a OEM replacement powerflow, just untill my new engine is in. Works great and no re-routing of tubing for the EOC or the TOC.

JWILL....Central IA.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Friend of mine got an Astro radiator from those guys, and was quite happy with it. Quick delivery, good price.

I doubt you will find another radiator with the exact dimensions from a car or other truck. MAYBE a later plastic/aluminum one, but I stopped looking for an "exact fit" when it seemed that they would cause just as many problems as solve, potentially.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

fairly cheap here...

I can get a 3 core "china" radiator from autozone for about 100 bucks here--a Modine at another place that sells canadian made products has one for 125 bucks...not all that expensive,considering a boneyard wants 50-75 bucks for a used one..

I have used radiators from full size older caddy's and other GM cars--an 83 Caprice wagon with a 350 & A/C had a nice 3 core in it I scored for 30 bucks at one yard,the only difference was it had no heater hose fitting in the tank,so I had to move it to the intake--no biggie..Chevy van radiators are a bolt in too in most cases..lots of GM's use the same core size,( measure your old one and compare..)and can be swapped in easily,some have different hose sizes though,and you might need to make a "bushing" out of a peice of the radiator hose to let the truck ones fit...:crazy: