Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New rear bumper with tire carrier

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, May 14, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Well two months after ordering it, I finally have it installed. Its a multicarrier from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories (http://www.kenmtn.com/html/multi-carrier.html) with a jerry can and high lift jack mounts. The hinge has bearings similar to a trailer axle and is very stout! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I cut about two inches from the frame horns to tuck it up a bit more. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif
    I can say they did a great job on this bumper. A few of the welds are a bit sloppy and not cleaned up and the paint was so-so. I'll have it powder coated when I repaint the truck and when I get a new front bumper. The only thing I didn't like was the optional license plate holder/light. It is a light weight plastic job that will break off the first time I hit it on anything. It will do for now, but definitely wasn't worth $25. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

All in all its great, I can't wait to hit the mountains! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Excuse the dirty truck, I'll wash it next week!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

enjoy.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Looks Great! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

You should call them up and ask about the sloppy weld, one sloppy weld could leed to a dangerous accident...

All in all, the bumper looks real nice... how much it cost? Why did it take 2 months to get on? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

The welds are good and strong, fully through the metal, just some extra slag was left and could have been cleaned up. I ordered the bumper in Mar (mid month) and it took about 4 - 5 weeks for them to build it. Then add shipping time from Ga to Mt, and it is almost 2 months. The bumper, complete with the truck freight cost me $675.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh I understand... Looks very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif