Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Rear Bumper

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That looks good, what did you make it out of? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Top rail & 2.5" down runners are 2" .250 wall HREW square tube. Bottom rail and side armor are 1.5" .250 wall HREW square tube. Hitch is 2.5" .250 wall HREW square tube. Frame mounts are 4" x 1.5" .250 wall C-channel.

Harley

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Awesome /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Are you making a front one too, or do you already have one? Looks good I must say again /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Thanks. It is my first real project of this type. So far so good. I am going to be building a cool front bumper this summer to house my Warn M12000 with help from a friend. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Harley

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Post pics when you get that one done too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am impressed. A few welding classes and a day or two watchin some fabbin and you are steel work central. I know a guy that can help you do sliders out of square and square corner guards to match if you want.
    I likes./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Any plans on mathcing the front bumper to it?

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I didn't think I would like square tubing bumper but now that I see yours I think I like it! Thats pretty nice.

9. Hossbaby50

The front is on you brother. I need your expertise for the cradle for sure. I will probably try and match the outriggers for the front to match the back somewhat. We will see though.

I think I want my sliders to be the same as yours for the most part with the round tube extended a little farther like we talked about. The side armor on the rear is not done yet. I am going to have to see what fits and I might need some of your input on how to do it and what with. Like I said though I can't take credit for the design. I saw Freds and liked it so I built something similar.

I am going to have to get some more steel though for the front bumper to match. I ran out of 2" square that is why I used 1.5" on the bottom and sides. I like the way the 1.5" is turning out on the side though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

10. Hossbaby50

Thanks. I am not a huge fan of round tube bumpers because for the most part I think they are to prerunner for my taste. It is turning out ok so I am happy. Now hopefully it will hold up to some abuse.

Harley

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Like I said before, the front will be easy now that I have something to base it off of. My first set of bumpers was square with armor too. I am out of school in 4 weeks so CEE will be up and sweating alot more now.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks. I am not a huge fan of round tube bumpers because for the most part I think they are to prerunner for my taste. It is turning out ok so I am happy. Now hopefully it will hold up to some abuse.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely, and I really like your design. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif