NEW rear driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Dec 29, 2001.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Jul 23, 2001
    Im going to need a new rear driveshaft soon. A couple places around here will charge an arm and a leg to shorten and modify the yoke on an existing shaft, then balance it..

I know there are several driveshaft makers out there, CV and otherwise heavy duty. Im also willing to bet their prices for a new trick driveshaft are competitive to these local idiots that want a lot of money for a little work.

Who have you guys used and what do you all think about CV rears? Im willing to spend $$ for quality stuff, and Ive seen some pics of some really bitchin looking stuff.

This is my first attempt at finding out who is who out there, but I must have seen dozens of posts regarding the subject, and at least a couple websites.. your opinions & recommendations are worth a lot more than just websearch results.. Arent there some guys out there and give CK5 members discounts? (ill be purchasing my membership shortly)

for what its worth, Ill need a driveshaft for a 77 shortbed with a th350/NP203 & 14 bolt FF & 4" lift...

I have a NP205 sitting around that I might install eventually even though I do love them 203's (with the part time kit).. I will get the 1-ton output yoke for the NP205 if I run it but Im wondering if there is a bigger yoke for the NP203 also?

well I officially started my truck project tonite and Ill need the shaft in a few weeks so I figured Ill start looking now

anything you guys can tell me would be great.. I guess I could also do a web/site search. thanks!!!!!

mike reeh
  2. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Aug 23, 2000