Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new rear hatches

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rchandler, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rchandler

rchandler Registered Member

I have been toying with the idea of pulling a mold off my 72 rear hatch since it will be split apart for repair anyway. what i need to know is if anyone would be interested in buying them probably in the 300.00 range. {NOTICE this in not an ad} /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif it is only to see if it would be worth my time and money investment. they would be bare. if i build them would anyone buy them. this is only a preliminary investigation. thanks for a great site colorado k5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    If you put the same braceing in them as the factory did. Metal around the latch area's and around the hinges on top and the handle area I would be interested.I've tried to find the guy on E-Bay that sells them from time to time but He hasn't posted any for sale lately.
    Keep us posted.
    Hell if you can reproduce a quality hatch for us(and cheap enough too) I'd pay for your membership on CK5 so you COULD sell them here.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Hell if you can reproduce a quality hatch for us(and cheap enough too) I'd pay for your membership on CK5 so you COULD sell them here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll split the cost with you for that one Bob.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I dont know about $300.00 for one... I can get the one I have reglassed at a boat shop for that... definitely consider it though.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Someone beat you to it. I think they are listed in the Brother's catalog. About $400 or so.

Brother's catalog page

6. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

MotherTruckers has them too. I think they list at $385. Now, if you decide to reproduce the hardware, you might have a lot of interested people.

Someone also needs to reproduce the rear seat mounting hardware. There was a set of the front clamps on e-bay the other day that sold for over $80!