Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Rebuilder

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grandpa's K-5, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Grandpa's K-5

Grandpa's K-5 Newbie

I've recently inherited my grandfather's 1969 K-5. I'm new to this and was wondering how to find out which body parts will work for it. ie It looks like some of the chevy pickups are the same. Where can I find out what years will work on my blazer to keep it to as near original as possible? Thanks

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sweet!!
    and Welcome to CK5!
    Check out the First Gen 69-72 fourm..lots of info in there.
    If your Gramps is the orginal owner I am jelous. Word of advice NEVER SELL IT!!!
    Lots and Lots of stuff you can do. THere are a few aftermarket places to buy a little bit of everything. example www.chevyduty.com
    I have heard of some folks grafing a pickup bedside to a Blazer tub. I belive the Blazer tub is a bit shorter.
    Burt

3. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

Congrat's!
    I have owned my '72 for just over a year and my membership on this site has paid for itself many times over. If you are looking to get dirty and do the work yourself, this site is irreplacable (especially for someone like me who really has no clue what they are doing). The first gen. forum is definitely the place to be! Good Luck.