Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Rig... 80 K20

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bowtiepower00, Oct 7, 2006.

1. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Been on this board for a while, but just got my first SFA Chevy. All of my past trucks have been IFS. Found this on Craigslist down here in AZ.

Edit: The craigslist ad has been deleted, I'll post some pics when I get em.

I'll post more pics in a week or so. This thing is unbelievably clean. The guy owned it for 7 years and the truck belonged to a friend of his before that. They went through everything on the truck during the time they had it. The motor is a mild 350 with an RV cam, Performer intake, Edel Q-jet, and HiPo HEI. The truck has headers and flows on it, and no cats from the factory- though it does have AIR. The entire drivetrain has been rebuilt over the years. It's a 465/205 and has a newer clutch. The only problem that I found is a front main leak, but nothing too bad. Every part has it's reciept and has lifetime replacement. He told me flat out, "I've worked this truck, but it's never been abused." I believe him. You could tell he cared about his vehicles, and was getting rid of this one to thin out the herd. It even has A/C and a decent sound system. It's pretty much how I'd build it myself.

It needs tires, I plan on throwing some 33 12.5 15 BFG AT's on it with some 15X8 steelies, and finding a winch to put on it- the bumper is ready for one. After that I'll probably just drive it for awhile.

I've wanted one of these for a loooooong time, and I can't believe how clean this thing is for the age. The only rust anywhere is a fist sized spot behind the pass rear tire. That's it.

I vision a D60, Roller cam motor, and Hydro NV4500 in it's future, and possibly FI- TPI, or perhaps a very simple TBI setup with a custom chip that uses the factory HEI so that I can bolt a carb on it and go if I'm out in the sticks and have any problems. I'd also like to lift it 4"-6" using all of ORD's stuff, including crossover and put some 35's on it. That will all be down the road a ways. I got it for less than he was asking too, though not by much. I think he gave me a deal simply because he knew that I'd treat this truck right. I think I'll go pinch myself again...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

sweet nice find!

3. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, some progress. Picked up a set of wheels and tires from some members here in AZ, finally got around to putting them on. Truck is still running well.

The more I drive it, the more I think I'll keep it simple and run the Q-jet. I think I'm going to put autometer gauges in it and replace the window mechanisms, and then do the interior.

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

nice find i hade one just like it.