Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New rig

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brady, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I just picked up an '86 Sub for cheap!The body is in great shape,No dents a little surface rust.It runs sound even with alot of miles(mostly highway)Only problem is the T-case doesn't have high range.It has a rebuilt T400(put in in Sept.) and 208.I am pulling the trans and transfer and selling the trans for $300.Then putting in a rebuilt T350 and 205 combo I have laying around.It will get a lift,probally a 4" for now since I have a set of front leaves extra.Will probally do a poor mans shackle flip in the rear.Easier than pulling the tank!Oh yeah I paid $600 for it.It also has 4.10 gears with a gov lok in the rear that works.Should make a great family mild trail/DD/tow rig.Now I just need to get busy and finish this than finish the Heep.Brady /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

sounds like a great start. You will have to send us some pics
    Bo /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Thanks,I will try and post some pics.Just got a Digital camera and need to figure it out. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifWe have a '79 that has a blown motor (400,Going to rebuild and put in Heep)that will get strip for parts.(4" lift for new sub.Doors for the Crew Cab.Rebuilt T350/205 for the new sub also.)Should work great for mild trails around here and Moab(only 3 hrs away.)Our other Sub we had ('77) did fine on the easier trails in Moab.Brady /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey brady how often are you in juction there a couple members down here me and AZBLAZER im in the process of building my blazer but if all goes weel itl be running soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif