Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New rig....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Dec 21, 2003.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Yeah and it's trail rated too, it has the badge to prove it. I cant wait to hit those 2 lane black top roads! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

(boy am i gonna catch hell for this)I donno man I think that a rubicon would be a pretty bad ass trail rig. I mean lockers, mtr's, 4to1 low range, 4.10 gears, d44's front and rear, coil suspencion, and all that good stuff. I bet it would out do my blazer in every thing but drag racing and deep mud. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They're just too small for me. But I do give them credit, nobody else is building new vechiles for off road. Some claim too, but in reality, well ......

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

nice. id drive one for a badass daily rag..

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

After reading the recent "bash jeeps" post I thought I would chime in.

I am 6'4" 300 pounds and I fit real nice behind the wheel. I can fit my 2 kids in the back and my wife as co-pilot, at that point I loose all ground clearance and it becomes a low rider. I have only had it 2 weeks and took it wheeling the night I brought it home. The ground clearance is no where near what I had with 38's but that 14 bolt did hang down pretty low and I caught it a couple of times.

I think the saying should go like this.........

"It's a 4:1 thing, you wouldn't understand"

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

They are a nice starting point for sure, but I wouldn't trade my fullsize for anything.

So what if I can't fit on some of the trails they do, I sure do make a great anchor point for them when they get stuck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Brent, if it makes you feel any better. We went wheeling in Fulton two weekends ago when there was about 8" of snow on the ground. What I mean by "We" is myself, theBigdaddyof2 and my Club Capital City Crawlers. There was one Rubicon in the group. We had to wait while that Jeep worked harder than we did to make it over some of the obsticals. I mean, they are good rigs and well equipped from the factory, but I think they have waaay to small of tires to even compete with any type of terrain I play in.

On anoter note, I need to call you about that S-10. I might be able to make a trip up soon and pick it up. Still Have it? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet it would out do my blazer in every thing but drag racing and deep mud.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...You have some work to do... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've been wheelin'wit'a Rubicon....
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It was NO different then wheeling with a stock Jeep..
    After the driver saw ME crawlin'...
    he just assumed his Rig sould do the same thing..
    He left with his tail between his legs.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    After the driver saw ME crawlin'...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but your " Plum Crazy" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'd like to see that Sub..do the Steps..
    Then he'll probably sell-it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I bet those rubicons really kick ass with a good driver behind the wheel. My dad's friend has one and he is a pretty(read lots of experience) good driver so I want to go out run some trails and see how well it really does.