Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New S-15 Hybrid sneak peak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yeild2me, Feb 13, 2003.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Started out as this 500 POS

[​IMG]

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

3 Weeks later... [​IMG]

another [​IMG]

And this... [​IMG]

If you want, you can read a little about it here-- S-15 pics

I still have tons of stuff left, but its getting there!!

Rob

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Looks cool Rob. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

When do you think youll have it "done". Theyre never DONE, I mean trail ready. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey, I want my 40's back, but the truck has to come with it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks good brotha!

5. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys...

Steve, I am projecting I will have everything but the steering (WTO upgrades should be here next week) done by this weekend. I have a 4 day, so I will be busy!!! Oh yeah, I put ALL my vents WAY UP HIGH in preparation to coming down your way.

Ash...LOL,, man, I have only put about 1000 miles on them since I got them from yeah. The new HUMVEE beadlocks will be mounted this weekend. How is your truck coming?? We need to wheel some time soon...Something a little mild so I can work out the bugs. Tellico IS NOT a good place for a Maiden Voyage.

Rob

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Oh yeah, I put ALL my vents WAY UP HIGH in preparation to coming down your way.

[/ QUOTE ] Cool your planning to swing down this way still. Just tell me when ya want to come down.

Its not out yet...but when you see in Petersens a feature on Fla, THATS my local stomping grounds. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The writer/photographer rode along w/ us last weekend. It should be out around June-August. The scary part is it had dried up a bunch before the magazine ride, and guys on 44s were still playing submarine. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Vent it HIGH!

Im gonna be working on a snorkle myself. LOL! Id like to just go ahead and run it in the cab like Stephen has, but thats GOTTA be noisey. Maybe Ill run it like that, and only connect it up when we go out.

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, did you get the VSS figured out? Can't wait to see day time pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

So you think I can't tear that thing up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Can't wait till Tellico. Our rides will look

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

did you have to go with the body lift to clear stuff? you going to do a write up? how did you do the body mounts?

i have soooo many questions...

10. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Oh man, my truck is at a standstill until I get BigO sold...
    So far I have a rear axle, tranny, t-case, frame, cab, 22 gallon fuel cell (THANKS MTPockets!), and lots of hope. Now I need an engine, <font color="blue"> COILOVERS </font color>, a LOT of rollcage tubing (exocage /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif), and some other random things. As soon as BigO is gone, the REAL work begins.

I'm thinking Uhwarrie as a testing grounds. It's fairly easy stuff, but has a couple of spots that could be really trying for a fullsize (axle, I mean). We're not good enough to keep fullsize bodies on our junk. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

My nephew is starting his new truck.Prob S15 Jimmy on 1-ton frame,400SB,400TRbo,div 205 and 2 1/2 ton rockwells with at least 44s.Any input on 3 or 4 link on both ends. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Steve F.--I thought I had it figured by buying an 87 s-10 gauge with mechanical speedo. Didnt work....still up in the air on that one.

Zakk--me made body mounts so NO body lift was used....I will take plenty of pics and possibly do a write up on the problems we have had.

Rob

13. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I will take plenty of pics and possibly do a write up on the problems we have had.

[/ QUOTE ]

:drool: :drool:

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Very very cool!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif