Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New seat mounts 95% done...PICS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Had to come up with something to mount my '01 Ford Focus seats. This is what I ended up with...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1.75x.120 wall DOM, 1.125x.120 wall DOM and 1.4" plate gussets.

Tommorrow I need to actually mount the seats, then it's done. Also goin to a friends house tommorrow to get a small block from a running, driving truck to use in my truck till I get the BB done. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh yeah...

This is The Death Grinder Of Doom-
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifain:

This thing is pretty cool to use. I was grinding off some old brackets- It was shooting a solid stream of sparks a good 30-40'. Wish I coulda seen it at night. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

sweet nice job man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    that is a killer /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man gotta love those welds!!!! mabye one day my beads will look that good just mabye, if you ever want to take on a apprentice let me know,
    dale

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    man gotta love those welds!!!! mabye one day my beads will look that good just mabye, if you ever want to take on a apprentice let me know,
    dale

[/ QUOTE ] No (darn), those are perfect /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Zeus33rd

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Always showing off his stuff.

7. Zeus33rd

But of course. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I guess it does help a little when welding is your career /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Those seat mounts look beefy, the only thing you'll have to worry about is breaking the Ford seats. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

That is exactly the grinder setup I use! 4.5" makita with a 7" cut off wheel. Like a hand held chop saw. Only draw back is you really got to pay attention to where your fingers are couple times now i've trimmed a fingernail back a touch.
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow that looks good, make sure you show us some pics of when they are mounted!

11. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Wow, those are beefy mounts!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    That is exactly the grinder setup I use! 4.5" makita with a 7" cut off wheel. Like a hand held chop saw. Only draw back is you really got to pay attention to where your fingers are couple times now i've trimmed a fingernail back a touch.
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

4.5"?!?!

HAHA! Thats a 7" DeWalt with a 9" wheel. I have a couple of the "little" 4.5" grinders though, use those one handed. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice work, I'm not so sure I'd like my Jimmy to be 18" wider at the doors than it already is though.

Why no cage? You could then have mounted the same bridge to the cage...

Rene

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

4.5"?!?!

HAHA! Thats a 7" DeWalt with a 9" wheel. I have a couple of the "little" 4.5" grinders though, use those one handed. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like those little grinders. Sometimes the bigger ones just don't fit so good.

15. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice work, I'm not so sure I'd like my Jimmy to be 18" wider at the doors than it already is though.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

18" wider? Eh? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif The slider things were already there. I made those alooong time ago. They are no wider than the widest point of the body.
    [​IMG]
    quite a bit norrower than the tires as well.

No cage cause I don't have a bender to make one with. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

16. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I swear the ONLY reason you post ANY pictures on this forum is to make the rest of us feel inadequate with our welding ability... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Your welds kick arse thoguh and thous seat brackets look sweet...Too bad I need my door or I would make a brackt that would run out to the sliders too /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Chris

17. tRustyK5

Ya did a swanky job Joe...but it is close to 18" wider at that point than my Jimmy. I already have trouble fitting through stuff, and have pivoted on my sliders a few times. That was the only reason I mentioned it.

The width in the center of the truck becomes important when turning like when you are going around a big boulder. Front and rear tires might not even touch that rock, but the center of the truck will jam up or pivot on it. The wider you are there the less stuff you'll fit through.

Rene

18. tRustyK5

Joe is an above average welder...but that kind of weld quality is what is expected when you do it for a living. Some guys have more trouble than others getting that quality every time. Joe seems like he could do it in his sleep. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

19. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

18" wider? Eh? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif The slider things were already there. I made those alooong time ago. They are no wider than the widest point of the body.
    [​IMG]
    quite a bit norrower than the tires as well.

No cage cause I don't have a bender to make one with. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are about that wide but I angled the front in so they wouldn't GRAB things like they used to. Rene makes a great point about the turning, and it also comes into play if you come up and off a rock and the slider hangs in thge front. My sliders are a little more narrow than yours and I hang that front corner. Yours look like rock ANCHORS to me.
    They work looks great and I like the seat mounts , I might just suggest cutting the very front of the slider away and making it slide better.

20. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Damn nice welds!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Too bad you don't live in SC... you'd have a new best friend!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif