Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New seat!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazinNewTrails, Oct 26, 2002.

1. BlazinNewTrails

BlazinNewTrails Registered Member

I've been looking for a console/seat to replace my factory console so that I could take all 6 of my family in the Blazer at one time.
    I was on my way to buy an aftermarket console/seat when I passed a wrecking yard. I've been to 5 in the last week with no luck but figured I'd give it a shot.

There in the showroom was exactly what I'd been looking for!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

A 40/20/40 leather bench out of a '97 Dodge Ram in the same color as my interior!!!!

These seats are waaaay comfortable. Recline, tip forward, slide on individual track, and the drivers side is power with lumbar adjustment!!!
    I LOVE IT!!!!

Here's the pics!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone is interested in what it took to put this together just ask :-)

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thats cool. How much dinero?

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wait - I see the price in the picture - that is a very good price!!

4. BlazinNewTrails

The seat cost me $350. It has about a 1" wear crack in the drivers bottom cover, otherwise they said it would have been $600-650.
    I figure I'll either get it repaired or buy a factory seat cover and it will be like new!

Install took a bit of looking and thinking to get it where I wanted it, but it came down to...

Cutting the front outside braced off 2 1/2" short and welding them to a 1/4" steel plate which was bolted through the factory holes. Then using 1" spacers under the 4 rear braces. I used hockey pucks at $1.50 each. They were easy to drill and are very dense material. I put big washers under the floor pan where they bolted through.
    The front inner braces required no spacers or modifying.

It really was a pretty easy swap once I mock fitted it a couple times with 2x4's. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    PS: the pics are BEFORE I cut off the front legs and dropped it 2 1/4" inches.
    I'll post another after pic tomorrow after it get's light out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Looks nice. I want to do that to my truck also. It looks like you got a great deal on it also. Where is fitz's at never heard of them. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. BlazinNewTrails