Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by migvon, Nov 5, 2001.

1. migvon

migvon Registered Member

I would like to change out my bucket seats in my 73. I would prefer not to go with aftermarket new seats like the racing style or anything. My truck is a daily driver and I am looking more to upgrade for comfort not so much performance. I am a big guy so I would like a seat that has pretty good adjustments and is of course wide and with high backs. Can anyone tell me what seats from other vehicles that might fit this situation. I guess I will start looking at salvage yards but I just need ideas of what to ask for. Thanks in advance.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well you can get race-style performance with comfort. I put Flofits in 3 years ago - very comfortable yet the support and side bolsters are incredible.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm running middle row captains chairs out of a mid 90's Mitsubishi minvan in my 75. Tilt, swivle, recline, double folding arm rests and 3ft long tracks. Yes 3ft. had to cut them down. works great for getting folks loaded into the back seat. You can spin the seat backwards and slide it up till it touches the dash. I scored 4 seats (the 2 captains and the two fronts used for back seats) for $70. They sitt taller than stock and I really like that. the stocks in my wifes 79 I feal like I'm sitting to low.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

4. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Well i was going to use 98 silverado seats but the ones i looked at we in bad shape so i put in some out of a late model Ford pickup 98-99. Got two high back buckets and the center console. They fit beautifully and only had to fab up a bracket for the front mounts. They dont slide forward very far but i dont have a rear seat so it doesnt matter nuch.
    Craig

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

oh yeh when grimmy arrives some place and opens his door you can almost hear the theme from SHAFT playing in the background