Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New seats?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kidkittykat, Jul 31, 2002.

1. kidkittykat

kidkittykat Registered Member

I have the high back bucket seats in my '84 K5, and want to go to low back buckets that recline. Any suggestions about where to go or how to go about doing this would be appreciated.Thanks! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I'm not sure, but I don't think any of the OEM lowback's reclined. I have lowbacks from a '73 and '76, they are fixed, no recline.
    I don't belive the lowbacks were even available after '77 or '78...not sure...

3. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

best bet is to go to a junkyard and find a nice set of seats that you like the feel to....
    they wont bolt up more than likely, but its pretty simple to weld up a frame under them that attached to the stock points and puts the seat at the right height....
    if you cant do it, shouldnt be too much to have someone do it for you, there are much nicer seats out there that the k5s, i like my high back, but i hate the fact that they dont recline...

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 with high back recliners that came from a friends totaled Geo Metro. Had to build brackets but it didn't take a whole lot of planning. Got them for free so it was good deal, not as comfee as a lazy boy but it doesn't take a lot to get better than the stock high backs.

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Most seats nowadays recline, so you could find some and take the head rests off.

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Where can you get some OEM seats ?? are they expensive?

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I got some RCI plastic bucket seats with pads.. reatial price is about 85 for the seat and pad... not direct bolt in but brackets are easy to fab up!

8. kidkittykat

kidkittykat Registered Member

Thanks, maybe i'll just do the junkyard thing, and find some nice seats that way. Do you think maybe newer chevy truck or tahoe seats would do the trick? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

9. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Yes Tahoe seat will fit the truck but will they fit your budget...Junkyards are damn proud of them. I used bucket recliners out of a friends junked Ranger because the price and color was right.