Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New seats?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I am planing on putting the seats and console from a 96 or up Chevy into my 78 K-5. Anybody know what kind of modifications this requires? Do they bolt right in? Any help would be apreciated.

78 K-5

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Have no idea about mods but I think it would be real cool. Post pics when/it you do it!

Dawson
    88 K5

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

hey i did not use stock equipment, but i installed an after market consol and it was easy i found the perfect bracets to match up everything at home depot with out even having to drill any holes i can not image that it would be that difficult.
    anthony

4. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    So you like my idea eh? You can call me a wimp, but hey, I like comfort and looks. I wonder how hard it will be to maintain the electric adjustable feature of the new seats? Sounds like a fun challenge, but I need money before I take it on. Anyone else know how easy it is?

78 K-5

5. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

N2TRUX has done this.....

N2TRUX has done this on his '82 Blazer. Not sure of the exact year, but I think it was a post 95 model. I am still waiting for him to send me some pics of it.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.captkaoscustoms.com

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I did this in my 82 Jimmy. I used seats out of a 95 Bonneville with the drivers side being power. At the time I did it the cheap way and drilled new holes in the floors. But when I redo them during winter, I am going to get a few pices of C channel and drill the appropiate holes for the factory floor holes and then on top of the channel fo rthe seat holes.

Fo car seats (at least mine did) you need to raise it up or you will be sitting really low. I have about an inch or
    1 1/4" spacer under them now and it is still a little low.

As far as the power seats go. There is a ground and a power wire, just run the ground to a good spot and the power wire to and ignition on, unused slot in the fuse block.

One thing though, I had my seat under water. the water was about 3 inches above where you sit(where you put your arse) and now my power seat quit. I am trying to bring it back to life though.

HTH

Mike
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I did this to mine. I got seats from a 99 2 door Tahoe from a cnverson place and the console too. They are really comfortable and they are power seats. they should bolt right in but you might have to drill 2 new holes on each side because it might be a longer seat than stock. Just weld up the old holes and it'll be great. I'll post some pics once I get a scanner but I dont know whan that will be.

90K5

8. Wraparound

Wraparound Registered Member

I want to do this with my 72 in a couple of months also. If any one finds a good place to buy these seats, post it.

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The seats you want are out of a extended cab truck after 93. Be sure to get the pedistals. The passenger seat will have the double slide so people can get in the back if need be. The hight should be close but your going to have to some playing around with mounting location. If your having to drill new holes be sure to put a backing plate from below. It would suck to be in an accident and have the bolts rip through the floor. I plan on puttin new seat in my wifes 79 and those will be what I look for first. Some other options are middle row seats from minivans. Thats what I run in my 75. they came out of a 90 somthing Mitsubishi. Depdog runs seats out of a Dodge truck in his and they look nice. They were the right hight also.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/