Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new setup...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Balou, Apr 21, 2000.

1. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

learned so much from you till now, mainly to get rid of my 4" front blocs asap (thanks guys!)
    Call me "Lucky", got a $1500 tax payback yesterday and spend whole night surfing through several US and german
    4x4 sites.
    Decided for an ORD setup, just want to ask your oppinion before placing the order:
    tuff country 6" spring/bloc EZ kit
    front shackle flips
    swaybar corr./disconn.
    new steering arm
    steering box brace
    6" stainless steel brake lines
    greasable bushings all around
    RS 5000 all arround (allready got them in)
    Sounds nice, but is it worth the money ???

Baloug

[​IMG] get fuc.... M-Class out of my way !!! [​IMG]

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

LUCKY!! I almost had to pay this year. If you are planning on lifting it (sounds like you are), then you might as well do everything at once while it's up on the stands vs doing it twice. I have ordered pretty much everything you listed (no tuff country springs yet, but those are next). I have no regrets or complaints about anything I've ordered from ORD. I say go for it. On the "front shackle flip" do you mean the Heavy Duty front shackles, or the rear Shackle Flip?

BIGJ

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE SETUP,I JUST GOT MY LATEST SHIPMENT FROM ORD,I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE INFO THEY PROVIDED ME.I BUY AS MANY PARTS FROM THEM AS I CAN BECAUSE THEY ARE WILLING TO TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT ALL PARTS AND GIVE YOU ADVICE ON INSTALATION.YOU CAN FIND PARTS FOR LESS MONEY AT OTHER VENDERS,BUT THE SERVICE YOU GET FROM ORD IS WORTH THE EXTRA CASH.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR K5,POST A PICTURE WHEN YOUR DONE.

BIGBLOCK MAN

4. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

sorry, HD front shackles of course!!!
    still getting confused with all this technical vocabulary.

Balou
    '79 K5,350,465,205
    [​IMG] get fuc.... M-Class out of my way !!! [​IMG]

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If you do the 4 inch shackle flip in the rear, you can use 2 inch blocks to get 6 inches lift. Smaller blocks equals less leverage equals less chance of spring-wrap and wheel-hop.