Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Shocks necessary

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by XHitman396, Mar 4, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

if i get your 6" lift up front, and 4" shackle flip, and 2" rear springs, do i have to get new shocks? what are their advantages over stock if i do have to?? thanks...

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yes, you will need new shocks, they'll have to be longer to accomodate the extra height and to have the extra travel necessary to take advantage of your suspension.

Compared to stock shocks? That's tough one, with shocks there's an enormous variation in what you can get, along with price. A set of premium remote reservoir shocks will allow you to blast across rough terrain for long periods of time without heating up the shocks and will allow you to tune the damping to match your suspension and driving style. That's the higher end of the spectrum. At the lower end you get shocks that are the right length and at least with the TCI's are still a high pressure charged shock so they're reasonably fade resistant.