Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Shoes for OL14BLAZ--Take a Look!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OL14BLAZ, Dec 3, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Got these yesterday for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif they are the 38.5x14.50/16.5 flavor. Be sure and contact 90blzr for a smoking /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif he will treat you right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2527&size=big&papass=&sort=1[/image]

[image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2528&size=big&papass=&sort=1[/image]

Need a little more lift and some fender trimming /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Okay how in the hell do you load a photo in your post--tried several ways no luck /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Even though there is no image, I copied and pasted...NICE /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

6. mudhog

very nice /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif you need to right click the pic and go to properties and get the pic's addy from there you had the actual web page addy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Looks gooooooodddddd. get em on the truck and dirty then lets see some pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Thanks mudhog /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I understand how to do it now, will try it again when I actually have them mounted on the hummer rims and on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif.

9. mudhog

no problem /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif tires look good man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Fulltop hopefully it will be shortly after the holidays when I get them on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif With Christmas and property taxes due my truck budget is a little tight right now. Will post pics ASAP! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I know what ya mean!!!!!

12. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Nice! I see fender trimming in your future! Dont you hate having to wait!

13. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I did a little fender trimming last Friday on the rear quater panel below the body molding. Now I need to do some major trimming on the front fenders and add about 3 to 4 inches of suspension lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yeah just having them sitting in the garage is already starting to make a little itch /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did you get the wheels yet? Mine should be here next week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

15. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Actually I haven't sent mine to Daniel too get them modified yet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifGoing to send them pretty soon since I have the tires now.

Did you get the tube design on the backspacing or the new plates welded in? Have any luck getting those 42" TSL's yet?

16. cpwreaper

cpwreaper Registered Member

my uncle got the same tires for his 79k10. theres gonna be alot of trimmin' to do in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Hey I just mounted up my similiar size TSL's(15/39.5x15") on the 4" lift K/5.I was running 15/38x16.5's.Gotta say them Swampers are bad!!I had to trim a little more off the rear of the front fenders.So they will fit with a little help from Mr. Sawzall.I installed mine on 15x8's(8 lug) with 3.75" B.S. U.S.Wheels.I should'nt have to worry about blowing a bead now!!Mike

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I got the tube design, I didn't realize that the plate was available when I ordered them. Probably would have gotten the tube style anyways to save money. I have to admit that I am a wee bit concerned about the strength of the tube style, but I guess I will find out! I'm sure that if I have a problem Daniel will take care of it. So long as I don't have a problem at 60 mph on the freeway...

The tires are in Limbo, 90blzr had a couple of blems last week but with Christmas here I just can't afford them right now. Hopefully in Jan or Feb I'll be ordering them up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

about time. Does this mean that i've gotta quit makin fun of you for having 1 ton axles and 33's???

20. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Shaggy--I'm kinda concerned about the tube design myself cause of the strength issue as well. Daniel seems to be the only one doing this on the hummer wheels for backspacing. I have seen pics of the machine that does the process on the PBB, looks like it does a good job of keeping the wheel true, just don't know about the sturdiness of the whole design. But like you the $20 less per wheel is a good deal /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The same week when I was going to send my wheels to Daniel is when I emailed 90blzr to see what kind of a deal he could get me on some tires, should have known he would give me something I couldn't pass up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifIt will probably be around Jan. or Feb. before these tires are on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif