Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New shoes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, after 3 years, I needed some new shoes. I've got to tell you, I'm impressed with "New Balance" . Shoes usely last under a year for me. New Balance made it 3 years. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I bought another pair of New Balance crosstrainers thismorning. If you need some new shoes anytime soon, I highly recomend New Balance.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah..they are nice. Gotta go with my first choice though VANS /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I personally like Addias, but NB is a good choice too.

John

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Never tried them, are they sneaker-type shoes or actual shoes?

I need real durable shoes. I found the $200 Rockport's I'm wearing now, and while they seem to wear out in a week, they are unbeleivably comfortable. My feet are livin' large when I commute... I just wish the soles didn't smooth out right after they break-in... I've only bought two pair in the last 3 years, and I really need a new pair soon. $200 is a lot of money, but compared to the leg and foot pain and blood that I get from cheap shoes, it ain't that bad...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Look at New Balance shoes to see if they have anything that'll work for you. I bought the 805 today.

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Eh, ES skate shoes rock. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They last about 6 months of skating every day. Now i don't skate so much they last over a year.

I hiked half dome in them. (20 miles) and another hike that was 24 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

For me it's work boots by "Caterpillar". Just under $200 cdn for a pair, but they are comfortable immediately. I used to regularly wear mine 12-13 hours a day and never had sore feet. When they wore out (13 months.../forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) I couldn't afford another pair so I bought some work boots from Sears (Die-hards I think) for less than half the money.

They fit my budget but have tortured my feet for almost 3 years now. They took over 8 months to break in and even then are only about half as comfortable as the old 'Cats' I had. I wish they'd wear out so I could justify getting new boots.

For runners I got a pair of Brooks that are 4 years old. I wear them every day and they're prolly still good for another year or so.

Rene

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i have flat feet so my feet are always stressed.So i have new balance and they helped alot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

Pumas are my favorite

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Ive always liked vans for every-day wear. very cozy.

j

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Hey Rene get you some Timberlands the new ones have steel toes and tend to last me about 3 years or so, infact I still have every pair I've ever bought. The oldest is for the truck/garage, the newest for work, and the middle for lawn work

For tennis shoes I got to stay with the Stan Smith leathers

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

As the unrecoginized leader of the CK5 NO MAAM Chapter, I'm greatly offended by a bunch of men talking about friggin shoes.

By the way, in the Army, nothing beat a good pair of Jungle Boots. Now for my stressed out job of sitting on my boot all day, it's Hi-Tech Stealth Magnums. For every day wear, I have a pair of old school '80's style hi-tops that took me about all day and two counties to find. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i love my etnies , they're great shoes. oh and merrell makes awesome boots and shoes too. i wear etnies and vans mostly.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

THose shoes are too damn expensive.

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    THose shoes are too damn expensive.

[/ QUOTE ] wat my etnies? yeah i paid $80 for mine but i love em.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I wear whatever shoes my wife buys for me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif She knows better than to waste money on sandals or anything for me, although I will admit to wearing a pair of Birkenstocks that I've owned for 10 years as "outdoor slippers" on a regular basis. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font>

17. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

WOW... now you're talking about a subject I can relate to /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have an entire closet that's just for shoes /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I'm not sure exactly how many pairs I have, but it's probably close to 35 or so /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I have 3 pairs of Dr. Martens and they are my favorites. I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers, a pair of Filas that are nice, clogs, Durango boots, a pair of Vans, Birkenstocks, hoochie platform sandals, one nice pair of black pumps, one nice pair of burgandy velvet pumps, moccasins, Teva sandals, platform boots and several pairs of $8 Walmart/Payless specials /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, shoes are great! My feet are the only part of my body that never changes size /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought some Vans VFX bmx shoes for when I used to race BMX a few years ago and they rock. They have a super hard shaped arch so your foot doesn't bend on the pedals. They take a few days to get used to wearing them but they're everyday shoes for me.

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i had some NB's about a year ago...use them as my gym shoes now..they are pretty nice, i got addidas super star shells shoes now lol..

20. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think the silver streak shoes you get at walmart are the best