Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new single exhaust how much $?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jul 24, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just fired up my blazer for the first time in a month or two and I am gonna go driving in it with the top off tonight but I noticed how bad the exhaust leaks today. Anyone have a clue how much a full new single exhaust would run me? I'm talking Y pipe, muffler(flowmaster or similar), and all the piping. I guess might as well put on a cat too.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My catback Flowmaster system was $199 don't know on the rest of it.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I was just quoted $500 for exactly that same thing, including a Flowmaster 50. From thorley tri-y's, dual 2 1/2" to a 3" y-pipe and 3" in/out on the muff. Five bills sounded WAY too high to me so I said "Thank you" and walked. I got home and ordered a Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler from Summit for $94.00. I ordered it around midnight Tuesday, and UPS brought it today (Thursday). I'm gonna go a few more places to get quotes next week. Lemme know what you end up paying for yours.

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

A place out here will put true dual from the header/manafolds back with 2 1/2 in pipe for around $375. That includes all the pipe, 2 brand new single in/single out 40 series flows, hangers, and all the welds. $500 sounds way high! As far as single pipe setup with a Y pipe, I could get that done for around $250ish. Good luck!

Kris

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

full y pipe, 3 inch aluminized exhaust, flowmaster, performance cat, good hangers.. excellent quality welding and fabrication, careful with my truck $500.00

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

New pipe from manifolds back, y-pipe after the t-case, cut the cat off, and a 3" tailpipe, all alumminized pipe and a great job with the fab work....$189. I had already put a 3" in and out Flow on it for $68 about two years ago.

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Flowmaster part # 17161 $225 at most part stores. 3" cat back system (3" everything!!!) 50 series muffler and all clamps... I just took mine home today, man is it sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well I need a new Y Pipe and cat as well. I am running manifolds into true dual with no crossover have gutted cats and cherry bombs. I don't really care about it but to sell the truck it doesn't sound good to fire it up and just hear the many exhaust leaks from when we mangled hte exhaust during the motor swap.