Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Snowboard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Dec 28, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I ended up getting a 164 Palmer Honeycircle. It's got a pretty sweet side cut to it and it's got this stuff Palmer patented called honeycomb in the nose and tail. It's suppose to make the response of the board insane. I also got some new bindings. They're Burton Missions. They seem like a pretty nice binding and they have some new design where the bottom buckle has a piece that hold the toe of your boot in the binding. First ride on it will be saturday up in Mammoth, I can't wait to see how it rides

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

man i wish snowboarding wasent so expensive

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I wish I lived somewhere where it actually snowed regularly so I could try it.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

164!!?? How tall are you?

I guess my junk is all "old school" now, but I'm on a 1996 Burton Rippey '54 with their X-Base (carbon fiber) bindings....and Airwalk boots.

The whole setup is WAY light, and made riding a lot more fun than when I used to rent the junky stuff at the resorts. I even have a few pics of me getting the "fat air" up in Tahoe. :D :waytogo:

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

it isnt....
    I got my oxygen 160 board, click in bindings and boots all from a ski resort on the last day of business... they sell their old equipment.. $100 plus NY 8% tax....

guy let me use it as a rental for the day... for $33... so if I liked it... $67 more... and it wasnt a bad board... yeah it isnt perfect and a tad beat... but my bro in law paid $750 for his rosignal board, bindings and boots.... my other bro in law is looking at a new board for $485 right now!!!!!

6. RootBreaker

if im thinking right... 160 is the flexability.... my bro in law bought a rossignal board when boarding just started.... it is a 175..... I got a 160.... lower the number the less stiff the board:wink1:

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You say this like you're not into four-wheeling :p:

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

164 is the height and I'm 6'1. My old board was a 165 but I measured the new one against a 165 and a 167 and it was the same. So the actual size is different from company to company. I checked out a couple places before I got it and most of the sales guys all said anything over a 160 I would just hate riding it. I then had to bring up the fact that I rode a 165 and wanted maybe a little bigger. But everywhere I went 165 was pretty much the max. anything bigger and they'd have to order it

9. RootBreaker

thanks for clarifying.. now I know... yeah that is funny that my bro in laws rossignal 170 is shorter than my oxygen 160... :haha: