Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New So Cal 4x4 Club!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Jan 2, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Fellow Southern Californians,

Some of us think it is about time that we start our very own 4x4 Club! [​IMG] Since a lot of us already meet about once a month for trail rides, we want to take the next step and give ourselves an official club so that we can say we belong to an actual 4x4 Club! The possibilities are endless - club meetings, club sponsored runs, club stickers, club t-shirts, club vehicle plaques, Adopt-A-Trail programs with the Forest Service, charity events, monthly pizza/beer meetings, etc!!

I think it would be a fun way to share our love of off roading and also give us an excuse to get together and also meet new people who wish to join the "Club"! I know that a lot of us full size guys have been snubbed by clubs that only accept certain types of vehicles, so this would provide us a place to feel welcome (and also let us really dominate the landscape when we show up for an event next to all the Heeps! ha,ha) Now, having said that, I think that this club will be open to all who just want to get together and have fun four wheeling - no snobby "exclusive" club here, we will welcome all who wish to join us!

Anyways, I think the first order of business is getting the message out to all of us SoCal folks that would be interested in this! Then, we need to decide on an upcoming day for as many people as possible to meet for beer and pizza to come up with ideas - cause I know you guys have some!

Also, I think that we need to stress that this club won't be for just "extreme" rigs or anything - this will be a club that involves all kinds of vehicles, from stock to wild. My Jeep club has what they call a monthly "Roundup" where all members show up for pizza and watch videos, share pictures, share trail stories, examine each other's rigs and play on the RTI ramp, as well as plan the next event! So, I would think that guys/gals who have mostly stock Blazers and such would feel welcome to come participate!

Whew, got a bit long winded here, but let's see who is interested and when we can meet!! And if you know people on this Board who might not see this post, please contact them and let them know to look at it!

And for those who are already thinking of a Club Name, let's keep in mind that we will have people from San Diego on up through LA who are interested, so try to incorporate Southern California into the name?? And also, this won't be a purely Blazer Club (will probably have Jimmys, trucks, and maybe even a couple of Furds - ha,ha - I am sure my brother will want to join! [​IMG])

Anyways, let's hear what you think and agree on a date to meet!!

PS - Don't forget about the upcoming runs - Jan 19-20 (Superstition Mountain), Feb 1-3 (MDA Off Road for Hope) and Mar 1-3 (TDS Safari)!! Maybe if we can act quick enough we could have something going for one of these runs?? That would be cool!!

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Im in, name the time and date for beer, and i'll make the time. This is the greatest idea i've heard this year, (lol), and sounds like a ton of fun. So speak up So Cal, lets hear ya, who wants to join the coolest 4x4 club around??

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

How does Saturday January 12th sound to people? Or is that too soon?? (Sorry, just want to get this thing started! [​IMG]) Depending on who wants to go, we will pick a location as central as possible. And like always, please give me your ideas!!

4. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Im in too , Im like Leland pick a date and im there (hopefully), and the 12th doesnt sound bad to me . . .

btw Keith how did the Big Bear run turn out any pics?

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

How about us (Way Up North)SoCal people???[​IMG]LOL
    the 18 hour drive wouldn't be worth it...though you did say beer[​IMG]
    oh yeah , no working truck either[​IMG]
    Oh well maybe I'll met up with the Portland people and join the OBH.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

O.K. so Saturday the 12 is on. Shall we meet at say 7am?[​IMG][​IMG]

Just kidding,Saturday evening would be good for me. I'm all excited about this. Can we do it this Saturday? How about tomorrow nite? Heck, I'll meet you guys in 1/2 an hour. Let's just do it already. Everyone bring your ideas and suggestions and an empty stomach.[​IMG] WE'VE GOT SOME PLANNING TO DO!!!!!

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

7. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

hey we can even hire an offroad photographer to shoot some of these runs to post some bad ass pictures on the site. Even better submit them to some magazines and maybe get the club some exposure through an article. Just an Idea.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

if only i lived about 400 miles closer!

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5>http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5</a>[​IMG]

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun. I'm in but won't be driving the Blazer anywere for a while[​IMG].

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

10. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I usually work Sat nights, so the earlier in the day the better, (no Eseban not 7am). but afternoon, or early evening would be best. But i'll make it work if its later, what do the rest of you guys think?

Leland aka RaisedK5

11. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

im all over that superstition run heheh ill show yall where the good places are !! muhuahaha was just there come prepared !

Kick It In The Firewall !!
    O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE

12. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

get a hold of Borrego k5 -Mike he did the video n stuff for the blazer safari ...........?

O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE

13. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ok you guys are not so cal u are mid cal , i am THE So cal so stop trying to be as cool as me and have awesome wheeling within 15 minutes

O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE

14. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ok you guys are not so cal u are mid cal , i am THE So cal so stop trying to be as cool as me because i have awesome wheeling within 15 minutes ;)

O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE

15. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, then let's plan on doing a meeting next Saturday, the 12th. Hopefully we can get as many people as possible to come and share ideas! Leland you are kind of in the middle there in Tustin, so do you know of a good pizza place around there we could hang at?

By the way, I thought I'd throw out my favorite name so far, see what you think - how about the
    "So Cal Big Dawgs (4 Wheel Drive Club)"?? Just thought that it would apply to most of us being fullsize and also would apply to others who think they are Big Dawgs!! ha,ha [​IMG] Or maybe "Southland Big Dawgs"??

Big Bear was pretty good...was some snow and mud we got to play in...it was just me and Mike, so we were able to do Holcomb Creek Trail in record time! [​IMG] Will post pics as soon as my brother finishes them...

16. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

my question is where is the meeting going to be? if its within an hour ill try to make it.. im in north county

mike

17. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Ahh, i see changed the spelling on my suggestion, trying to diguise it, huh? like i wouldn't notice. Looks like im becoming the namer, named the blazer safari, named the club, (this is my favorite name too), looks like i'll have to start throwing out club nick names too. LOL

As for Pizza, Hmm, theres A little place up the street from me in Tustin, Giant two topping for $15, or theres Northwood in the Tustin Marketplace, theres Lampost on the corner of Barranca and Culver in Irvine, (we used to do superbowl there). If we get a big attendance we might be able to get a discount, thats what we used to do for superbowl Sun. Anybody opposed to meeting in Orange County?........well too bad, lol.

Leland aka RaisedK5

18. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I knew I wasn't that original!! I kept trying to think where I had heard "Big Dawgs", I should have known that it was the brilliant Leland! ha,ha [​IMG] Yeah, I like that name, too. Yeah, the Lamppost by me gives us discounts when we go after our softball games...that is gonna be one of our tasks, to find a place that can handle a large group and will also be generous with discounts if we can make our presence a monthly happening for them!

19. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Mike,

If we hold it in Tustin or thereabouts, you would definitely be within an hour's drive. I used to go to University of San Diego (down by Sea World) and I could drive from Lake Forest (next to Tustin/Irvine) to USD in just over an hour, so if you are in North County it should be much less than that! Would love to see you there if you can make it! And maybe you can come out with us to Ocotillo Wells and Truckhaven Hills for the upcoming trips?

20. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I sent an email to a bunch of you Southern Cal folks, so let me know what you think! [​IMG] And for those of you Southern Cal folks who did not get an email, please send me your email address so that I can get you on "the list"!! Send it to me at: keith@autoaccessory.com