Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New So Cal 4x4 Club!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Jan 3, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Fellow Southern Californians,

I already posted this on the 73-91 Board, but wanted to post it here as well, so that those of you living in So Cal who don't read the "big board" would see it! I will try to look at this post as well as the other one, but you might see more info on the 73-91 post (same subject name).

Some of us think it is about time that we start our very own 4x4 Club! Since a lot of us
    already meet about once a month for trail rides, we want to take the next step and give
    ourselves an official club so that we can say we belong to an actual 4x4 Club! The possibilities
    are endless - club meetings, club sponsored runs, club stickers, club t-shirts, club vehicle
    plaques, Adopt-A-Trail programs with the Forest Service, charity events, monthly pizza/beer meetings, etc!!

I think it would be a fun way to share our love of off roading and also give us an excuse to get
    together and also meet new people who wish to join the "Club"! I know that a lot of us full size
    guys have been snubbed by clubs that only accept certain types of vehicles, so this would
    provide us a place to feel welcome (and also let us really dominate the landscape when we
    show up for an event next to all the Heeps! ha,ha) Now, having said that, I think that this club
    will be open to all who just want to get together and have fun four wheeling - no snobby
    "exclusive" club here, we will welcome all who wish to join us!

Anyways, I think the first order of business is getting the message out to all of us SoCal folks
    that would be interested in this! Then, we need to decide on an upcoming day for as many
    people as possible to meet for beer and pizza to come up with ideas - cause I know you guys
    have some!

Also, I think that we need to stress that this club won't be for just "extreme" rigs or anything -
    this will be a club that involves all kinds of vehicles, from stock to wild. My Jeep club has what
    they call a monthly "Roundup" where all members show up for pizza and watch videos, share
    pictures, share trail stories, examine each other's rigs and play on the RTI ramp, as well as plan
    the next event! So, I would think that guys/gals who have mostly stock Blazers and such would
    feel welcome to come participate!

Whew, got a bit long winded here, but let's see who is interested and when we can meet!! And
    if you know people on this Board who might not see this post, please contact them and let
    them know to look at it!

And for those who are already thinking of a Club Name, let's keep in mind that we will have
    people from San Diego on up through LA who are interested, so try to incorporate Southern
    California into the name?? And also, this won't be a purely Blazer Club (will probably have
    Jimmys, trucks, and maybe even a couple of Furds - ha,ha - I am sure my brother will want to
    join! )

Anyways, let's hear what you think and agree on a date to meet!!

PS - Don't forget about the upcoming runs - Jan 19-20 (Superstition Mountain), Feb 1-3 (MDA
    Off Road for Hope) and Mar 1-3 (TDS Safari)!! Maybe if we can act quick enough we could have
    something going for one of these runs?? That would be cool!!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Looks like we are scheduling our first meeting for next Saturday, Jan 12th! Get some pizza and beer and throw around ideas, as well as meeting everyone! Hope to see some of you gusy there (we are still deciding on a meeting place, but it will most likely be in Orange County somewhere - will let you know when we decide!)

3. Tims72

Tims72 Registered Member

A SoCal club is a great idea. I know there are plenty of us in SoCal. I am at sea right now. I will be back near the end of Jan. So it looks like I will miss the first meeting. I would like to catch the next one so please keep us posted. You can email me at either tschwab@princeton.navy.mil or tjschwab92103@aol.com.

Thanks Tim

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Tim,

Very good, I have you on our list! I will definitely keep you posted on our progress! Stay safe out there and thanks for the great job you all are doing!

Keith

5. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

Count me in for the kick-off.....I and several rice grinder wheeling friends would probably be interested in joining.

Matthew Meyer
    matthewm@inhollywood.com
    '71 Ochre K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Matthew,

I have you on the list and will keep you informed! Also, please watch the other board for updates, as I am sure that is where the most responses will be from! Looking forward to meeting you!

Keith

7. ccchauser70k5

ccchauser70k5 Registered Member

I am also interested. Put me on your list also

1970 k5 4x4 camping family

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Clint,

Got you down, thanks for responding! We are having our first meeting this Saturday (Jan 12th) up in the Tustin area. As soon as I learn the place and time I will let you guys on this forum know!

Keith

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, looks like the meeting place has been picked by Leland (RaisedK5), one of our members, here is the info:

Chester Drawers Inn, 179 E 17th Street, Costa Mesa, (949)631-4277. Leland works there at the bar, so we will have Happy Hour prices - and they serve the usual wings, small pizzas, burgers, etc - minors are allowed in the place (just no drinking! ha,ha). [bold]We are meeting at 6PM Saturday the 12th![/bold]

Get to the 55 South any way you can (ie 405 to the 55 S, 5 to the 55 S, 91 W to the 55 S,
    etc), take it down toward Newport untill it ends and becomes Newport Blvd. Make a Left on
    17th street, (Outback, Denny's on corners) Make a right into the Shopping center with Vons
    and Longs Drugs and Its in the right hand corner, If you hit the first signal at Orange you
    missed the right, turn right on Orange and come in the other side of the Parking Lot.

Hope to see you there!! Also, keep looking at the 73-91 forum list for our thread there, as that is where the most comments and things will be taking place!!

Keith

10. ErikH

ErikH 1/2 ton status

I'll try to make it too. I practically live around the corner. It'd be great to get to know more k/5'rs in the area.

-Erik H.

11. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Great Erik! See you there Saturday night!