Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New soft top got tested today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crroy71, Apr 7, 2003.

1. crroy71

crroy71 Registered Member

We are getting pouring rain, and dime size hail right now.
    It is the first rain since my install, I ran out during one of the breaks, and it is bone dry inside.

I have to admit, that I was kinda worried about it but she pulled through. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice to know they work well! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    John [​IMG]

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I was suprised how well Mine sealed up also. The only problem I have is where the Cab Curtain and the bed cover meet, but there isn't much that can be done about that.

4. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it, mine just arrived today...will be on hopefully tomorrow. Can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I was very impressed with mine as well. We hit the first of the storms on the highway back from a cub scout camping trip. It was a deluge, but the top sealed pretty well. It leaked in a couple of places that were expected, but nothing I consider an issue.

Once we got home, the hail hit. It started with pea sized hail and ended with golf ball size suckers. It hailed for about 20 minutes straight. We ended up with about 2-3" of hail on the ground. I had both the truck with its soft top and the convertible firebird outside. Both survived. The sheet metal, on the other hand, didn't fare as well. I filed two insurance claims yesterday. We spent all day Sunday (after another brief hail storm) cleaning up the damage to our trees, shrubs, and small plants. Most of the small plants were destroyed and it took us 3 hours to rake up all the leaves that were knocked off the trees.

Here are some pics taken as soon as I felt comfortable opening the garage door while it was still raining but after the hail stopped. We ended up with 3" of rain as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]