Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New speaker mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Sep 10, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

I got new speakers yesterdey, and i decided to mount them up today...i like it, im gonna cover them up with blue vinyl plastic stuff later, you know wood, then foam stuff, then vinyl stapled behind hte wood. :haha:

anyway here are the mounts. any feedback:D

Passenger
    [​IMG]
    Driver
    [​IMG]

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

awesome, i have my speakers there but pointed a little upward and they sound great, i should have done what you did though looks real good

3. TheSunDanceKid

TheSunDanceKid Registered Member

lol yea wrong kinda wood there buddy and also it would probably be 50times easier to carpet if it wasnt already mounted on there
    the correct wood would probably be half inch MDF sounds alot better then plywood
    for the carpet go to lowes or home depto and get navy blue "outdoor carpet" we use it at work when we run out of carpet for custom boxes its pretty much the same we just cant buy it in a bulk roll and it takes like 4days to get the new in so we just grab that for the time being its like 15' by 6' **** i used it to carpet the hole floor in my blazer turned out nice as **** and its easy to clean

and if you do use vinyl if you dont use some thick foam when you wrap the corners it might tare the vinyl also use a heat gun for corners just dont melt the vinyl ah but i can tell you its not going to look very well and it cost alot more and is alot harder to put on and actually make it look good

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That kind of speaker should crossed over anyway , that type of wood would be fine if the speaker is baffled . You just want a little mid bass and fill out of that . There should be subs in a MDF box for lowend anyway :wink1:

Mine are in that area in the stock thinwall stuff , its crossed over and the cone don't move much anyway . My RF subs do tha movin' :thumb:

5. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I don't see any pictures.