Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New stabilizer & shocks!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by franco802, Nov 28, 2006.

1. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status

I ordered a new Rough Country stabilizer and a four new Skyjacker shocks for 0-1.5" lift. I have no lift on my K5, I am just going to leave it the way it sits now. Mabe lift it in the future when I have time to do a gear swap, mabe even an axle swap. I have 3.08 gears, so that would suck with 33's or 35's.

The stabilzer is the original one and it's blown to hell. The Monroe shocks I see on the front are blown, because they are leaking everywhere and it bounces like a caddy in the front:)

Shocks and stabilizer should tighten up the ride a bit. New 31x11.5 15 Swamper LTBs are coming next week. I will mount them on the stock 15x8 rally wheels.

I was thinking of replacing the front manual hublocks with some new Warn or Superwinch ones. I am very mechanically inclined, but have never replaced hublocks before. They easy to install? Looks like you can almost do them without taking off the wheels, but I highly doubt it. I am almost sure the whole hub assembly has to come off. What do you guys think?

2. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

3. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status