Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Steering Box

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by midnitlove, Oct 19, 2001.

1. midnitlove

midnitlove Registered Member

I just installed a new steering box and it seems that my left turn is alot easier than my right turn. What is causing this?? Is there a wrong way to install this box?? I checked the flow of fluid and it seems fine?

<font color=red> AMIGOS SO. CAL </font color=red>

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Is it a new box, or used box? I know some operate with a torque sensing link, which increases the assist when it senses more torque from the steering wheel. It is possible that this is only operating in one direction in your box. If this problem was not there with your old box, it would probably rule out the other parts of the steering system, ball joints, etc... Also, did you purge the box properly by raising the front wheels and turn the wheels lock to lock about 10 times? JT

3. midnitlove

midnitlove Registered Member

It's a new/rebuilt box. There was no problem with the old box. I didn't purge the box 10 times, but I did turn the wheels lock to lock a couple of times. It does seem only one direction is working. It's not tough to turn it either way, it just seems way too easy to the left.

<font color=red> AMIGOS SO. CAL </font color=red>