Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New style D60 inner seals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Masher, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

I just bought a set of the new stye inner axle seals that spin within themsleves. I have heard thay can be a liitle more ticky to install and was wondering if anyone has done it and has some advice or tips.

Thanks

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have done this, like 3 times this year (long long story). I copied somebody elses' tricks, maybe Readymix? Anyway, do you know everything up to the putting the new seals in?

3. noahrob

I used a long dowel through the opposite shaft of where the seal was going to tap it in...In other words, I needed a long shaft to get the passenger side in and shorter one to get the driver side in. The hardest part was getting them started.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168418&page=6

Look at page 6

4. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

Thanks, yeah I know everything up to putting the new seals in. I have installed the 'standard' ones before but I heard these new ones can be a little more ticky to put in.

5. noahrob

I have one standard and one new style, the standard ones are much thiner so a little easier, but otherwise it is the same thing...just more mashing with the thicker ones:wink1: