Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new style Milwaukee 1/2 drill motor

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, May 19, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I just bought a new drill for the shop, bought the Milmaukee 1/2 magnum. looks like they made some new changes from the old one that I have that has been the same for years. its pretty nice, I like the new grip. on my old style one when I would put my palm directly inline with the chuck at the top of the handle and pull the trigger with my pinky and ring finger the trigger would pinch my ring finger from time to time. this new one does not. the old style has a fixed support side handle, new one is adjustable and real long. I like the rubber faced handle too. it has the mounted cord. I do like the disconectable like mine though. I probably could have got one but would have to order it. could not wait, needed it for a job at work. cant beat a Milwaukee drill IMO. just sharing with ya's. :smile1:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does it still have the toque to twist your arms off when it catches?

3. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

I recently got that style in 3/8". I was a little skeptical about buying it due to being accustomed to the old style. I've gotta tell ya, I'm super impressed with it.

4. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

Oh yes it actually happened to me yesterday at work drilling a 1/2 hole in an I beam. pretty badass drills Milwaukee is the only way to go.

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I like the old style cord that plugs in though.

6. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

very nice, get a short get a new cord & ready to go. i know i shouldn't wrap the cord around the drill body, but i can't help myself.