Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Sub owner with a couple of dorky Q's....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StampedeOfNorway, Feb 2, 2003.

1. StampedeOfNorway

StampedeOfNorway Registered Member

New Sub owner with a couple of dorky Q\'s....

Hi all...

I recently bought an '88 Sub. It seems to be sufferin' from what you guys call the saggy butt syndrome. I've read some posts about that a shackle flip will cure this. What exactly is that and how do you go about doing it. I know this is kind of a dorky Q but you have to ask to get answers. To lift the front end is it possible to use blocks or do you have to buy a complete spring kit.

Thanx in advance

Per-Erik
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Re: New Sub owner with a couple of dorky Q\'s....

everyone here would recomend to not use blocks up front. if you don't want to lift yer sub just yet and wanna get rid of the saggy butt you can buy ord zero rates. i'll get a link for you in just a second but they will level out the rear of yer vehicle. if you wanna lift it go with a basic 4 inch lift and a shackle flip out back.

jacob

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ord zero rates
    there you go. that should help a bit.

jacob

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm going to guess that you have an early 88 model with the 52" springs. Mid 88, they went to 56" springs in the rear & it cured most of the saggy butt problem. I put a 2 1/2" block in my rear & it sits slight high when empty. Since I carry a spare, tools, kids, dogs, kitchen sink, & a fridge /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, it levels itself back out. Since I plan on going from my 4" susp lift to a six this year, my plan is to put 6" up front & 8" in the rear & eliminate the block.
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif