Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new subwoofer and amp.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wraenking, May 9, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i picked up an audiofonics 10" single box with port, and a 1000 watt amp for around $400 . my question would be where to put the amp. i know there are experts here.

thanks guys

2. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

On my last blazer i kept my amp behind the rear side panels. You can screw right into the metal because there are two layers so the screw wont pop out of the side of the truck. They stay cool and are completely out of sight. They are pretty much protected from a rainy day with the top off or from being kicked, or having something dropped on them.

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

that is where I mounted mine yesterday..please excuse the wires, I am still installing speakers and wiring needs to be cleaned up! I will be cutting out new side panels out of 3/4 inch plywood and making an access door(secret of course!) as well as tool storage on both sides and covering with auto grade black carpet.

[​IMG]

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i installed everything on saturday, and for now have the amp behind the back seat, but in front of the spare tire. sound will have to wait now, as i got my tranny dropped, and have to put the new one in. thanks for the help guys.

5. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I am going to be doing the same thing with my side panels in the near future. I built a set for my last blazer that were just replacements. This time i figured I would put doors and what not for tools, etc. I thought if i framed it with metal studs or something, I could actually make the walls stick out. It would narrow my cargo area but expand the possibilities for storage and hiding amps, even a sub possibly. Anyhow, post some pics when you finish. I am interested.