Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New system installed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

We finally installed a system, and best of all as you can see by the pics, you can't see it. We left the 3.5" Alpine dash speakers alone, added 2 4" Memphis speakers in the center of the dash where the original single speaker went, on a bracket that angles them towards the sides, added 5.25 Memphis speakers in the kick panels, two 6x9's behind the seats and a 200W Memphis amp to run the 5.25's and the 6x9's. It sound so good, you can actually hear it over the Swampers and the exhaust, that I doubt we will add a sub. The amp is sitting over the passenger side wheel well behind the side panel.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Nice set up on the kickpanels. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Very nice, clean interior. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It sound so good, you can actually hear it over the Swampers and the exhaust, that I doubt we will add a sub.

[/ QUOTE ] You'd be suprised how much better it would sound if you did add one. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

The Kick panels are Memphis PR series:
    [​IMG]

The 6x9 are Memphis M Class Kevlar cones:
    [​IMG]

The amp is a Memphis M Class 50x4 amp. We were going to go with a JL e4300 (something like that...) but do to the fact that JL runs a little hotter, despite the slight increase for preformance we opted of the Memphis /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, and Z3PR, I didn't see the purpose if running a sub when in a matter of weeks I am going to lose the hardtop for a long time, and run a softop. I just figured the money spent on making a sub work in a open space would better go towards a Klune Underdrive or clocking my transfer case /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't see the purpose if running a sub when in a matter of weeks I am going to lose the hardtop for a long time, and run a softop. I just figured the money spent on making a sub work in a open space would better go towards a Klune Underdrive or clocking my transfer case

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya. Topless, a sub would be a waste of money. Now if you was not going topless, that'd be a different story.

6. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

What kinda carpet did you use for the rear trim? It looks sweet, I am thinking of dumping my vinyl for something a little more plush and that carpet looks nice! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I replaced the carpet about two years ago. When I did went to a local auto upholstery shop and ordered new carpet and at the same time I ordered a couple of extra yds of matching carpet.

I like the way it looks, but it is hell to keep clean and when you throw muddy tow straps, tools etc in the back it is a problem and I have been thinking about getting rid of it, building new side panels and having them Rhino lined to match the rest of the interior. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

To mount in the kick panels....did you cut the metal behind the plastic covers ?
    Blake

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

10. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

How pointless would it really be to have a sub in a full vert?Seems like it would at last help

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I didn't see the purpose if running a sub when in a matter of weeks I am going to lose the hardtop for a long time, and run a softop. I just figured the money spent on making a sub work in a open space would better go towards a Klune Underdrive or clocking my transfer case

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya. Topless, a sub would be a waste of money. Now if you was not going topless, that'd be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am running topless and my subs still thump pretty hard!! I am like a rolling party through town /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I actually had some girl start dancing in the parking lot of a convenient store! Great ass /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am running topless and my subs still thump pretty hard!! I am like a rolling party through town /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I actually had some girl start dancing in the parking lot of a convenient store! Great ass /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Kewl, how much of a difference do you notice with the top off vers the top on ??

13. jlauto

jlauto Registered Member

a few pics of what I did. I plan on line x to cover the entire inside of the truck. right now it is a work in progress.
    [image]http://www.evite.com/viewPict?pictID=QPMNCMJVHVEEEMDGYDPJ[/image]
    [image]http://www.evite.com/viewPict?
    pictID=XMINKZFOBIKXYAOAFDOZ[/image]
    [image]http://www.evite.com/viewPict?
    pictID=LFYEWGFGLHIKHVLDLODF[/image]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. jlauto

jlauto Registered Member

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks good jlauto /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

With the top on, I have the subs firing rearward, with the box right behind the back seat. Popping the top in this configuration pratically makes all of the bass go away. With the top off, the subs need to point at you. You will not get as much low end as with the top off, but it is still useable. Probably better than half.