Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new tach, need mounting ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79cheyenneblazer, Sep 1, 2005.

1. 79cheyenneblazer

79cheyenneblazer Registered Member

Hey everyone, I just got my new tach, auto meter 3-3/4 sport comp, I have already mounted it and it works awesome, but I don't care much for where it is mounted. I have it on top of the dash in the corner by the door. It is very readable and illuminates the whole cab, but I am just wondering if there are other places in good view other people put theirs. Just looking for ideas in case I might change the location. Thanks!

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

in my 72 cammaro i had a stock guage set laying around with speedo in one big hole and a blank plate in the other. the gas guage was in one of the small holes. I used a dremel to cut out the blank and i removed the shell of my aftermarket tack (don't remember brand anymore). fit kinda snug into the stock guage hole and a good bead of RTV later it look sharp. like original only new and a little more colorful. just a thought

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

if you have a manual transmission, you can mount it to the steering column to it sits right between the speedo and gas gauges... works REAL well for visibility and not blocking your view outside the vehicle. Mounting it there is the only fun part, a large hose clamp (painted black) or you can use a couple small screws

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author