Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New tailgate window seals and now problems....HELP...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Apr 1, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">I just replaced the inner and outer seals on the tailgate for the window and now it won't go up with out tearing out the seal or not going up at all and not going down...Is there something I should have done before installing them?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

T </font>

2. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I also replaced the seal around the shell on my 1990 Blazer and the window has a hard time going all the was up. I got the seal from LMC..

Dan...

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you talking about the canopy/window seal?

I have the LMC seal, and it's not made correctly, the clips aren't strong enough to chew into the fiberglass, and the corners where the seal meets the tailgate also isn't correctly made, the facotry seal (and clips) is wider there, so the LMC one doesn't grip there at all.

Do these sound like your problems, or does it seem more like your window isn't lining up correctly?

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Just make sure the clips are down in the metal of the tailgate real good. My clips in the middle arent in all the way good so the middle of the outer sticks up a bit when the window is all the way up

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

i ran a bead of RTV in mine when i did it, got form LMC and never have problems