Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New TCI tranny and RV/Tow TC installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ftn96, Mar 18, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Man this tranny will snap your neck going to 2nd gear and again in 3rd. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    I also installed a TCI Rv/Tow tork-conv. Not sure if Im happy with this decision or not. I know the lower stall is good for milage and lower heat on the tranny, but I dont like the lack of power or RPM's at take off. It takes off same as compared to punching it while in drive on the interstate with the tranny not shifting down to "passing gear". Does that make since?

Maybe I'll get use to it, maybe I'll swap it out. Im confussed at this point.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

How much did that tranny set you back? What is the warranty on it, and the HP and torque ratings? Thanks

Harley

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

A low-stall TC will do that to you...they stall way before your engine is making optimum HP anf torque...but you are right about the mileage and heat issues...What is the stall speed on it? Maybe you should put in a BBC to compensate for the low-stall TC /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Hey, atleast you didn't put in a 3500-stall TC...I bud of mine in Denver has that on his Chevelle that he drags a lot...that thing is a biatch to drive around the city...but when you wanna mash the go pedal, it hauls arse...

Chris

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

The stall is like 300-500 less than factory I guess. And the warranty, sheeees, I cant remember. Its cost $1200, plus $75 shipping. I may take the RV TC out and install the Saturday Night Special they have. Its about 750 over stock. Maybe that more in line for what Im looking for. I was gonna get their "sizzler" verison. Its about 400-500 over stock but a tech there told me he wouldn't put a sizzler in his worst enemies car. So if he works there and he said htat, I'm thinking ahhhhh, lets not get that one. But Im gonna ride the RV one for a while and see if it grows on me. But I gotta get the SOB TV cable adjusted right adn the other issues worked out with the motor first.