Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Thread - 4WD weekend in Az - Texas Guys...?!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Jan 26, 2004.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ok,

1st order of business:
    Any Texas guys gonna make this? Please post up either Y/N.

2nd:
    To me... it looks like it's gonna be just Az guys. ....and maybe a lot of new CK5 guys too! So which day(s)... It's hard for me to get away for a full weekend. Much easier for me to just make 1 day.

So, let's see what everybody wants: (was gonna do a poll /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, but did the "poll" thing go away?)

So, Please vote by reply:
    Option #1) all weekend trip
    Option #2) Wheel Saturday 1/31
    Option #3) Wheel Sunday 2/1

Marv

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Hey Marv. Gonna follow jay in saurday morning. May stay overnight. I'm flexible. Come on texas guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I'm good for a Saturday trip only, have to leave town on Sunday for business.

I'm only in for a trip to Florence, will not be able to make a trip to Table Mesa, too far when I have to get out of town on Sunday.

So....

Count me in for a Saturday trip to Florence.
    Count me out for a Saturday trip to Table Mesa, or a Sunday trip to anywhere...

Rob

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Me and harley were talkin last night about this. I am up for saturday, all day (I got the day off /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) I can stay overnight but will head out earlier sunday (1-2pm) to get home for my sisters b-day.
    I'm diggin it I'm in!!

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I think florence has more for the not locked, nice body crowd, crowd so there is my vote for where, my vote for when is above.

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, we could run Woody’s Wash which is pretty cool. I've not yet been able to run the entire trail (only tried once and a Jeep fell in the first big hole running us late and had to turn around /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ). I'm in for Woody’s Wash in Florence. Otherwise, unless there the trail selected peaks my interest, I'll probably be going to TM again...

7. marv_springer

So.....

Looks like Saturday @ Florence is it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Trail to be run depends on who's there and how many "open" axles show up. I suspect it's gonna be one of the more "full body friendly" trails.

Marv

8. BadDog

Hmmm, well, let me know. We actually had some fun on Raw Deal, more than I expected. So depending on what you run, I might go anyway... Or maybe just take the K5... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I went from locked 10 bolt, to blown 10 bolt, to open 12 bolt. So this sounds cool. I never wheeled without a rear locker before!! I'll call on ya Marv when tax return comes, for my lockright install. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

If we decide to run Woodies Wash in Florence, it's in all reality a locked front and rear only trail /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. Especially if there is more than 4 or 5 rigs. It becomes a very long trail when there are open rigs on the trail.

So... with that being said, keep this in mind. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but the last trip out was ugly /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and I'm locked front and rear, but that's on Woodies Wash. Something a little less, would be ok for at least a rear locked rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Rob

11. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on being there on Saturday. What time are we going to meet /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifaround 8:30. Yeah we have to do a least a trail that is body freindly (so that long a$$ Suburban can make it/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif). But would like to ride along on a harder trail like woodies wash, so/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gifRuss bring down the truggy so I could catch a ride /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BADRED73-N-AZ

BADRED73-N-AZ Registered Member

I should be able to make it. any trail is fine by me the good thing about florence trails is that even the easy trails have plenty of things to get into trouble on.

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well dangit!! We were plannin on Sunday wherever y'all were. It's girl's night out at Disney Princesses on Ice Saturday night so we can't risk not makin it back. Would be my butt in a serious sling if we broke. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Good luck to y'all.

Allan

14. marv_springer

15. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Woddy's wash is do-able with one locker. I didn't scratch my body at all. I ran it without breaking also. I never used my winch and only needed one strap one time

Then again I tore all my armor a new one, completely crushed a slider in, rammed my diff's, frame, and t-case on every waterfall.... Oh I had no winch so I used Rob's 5 or six times /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif and used at least two straps on more than 2 occasions. If you heard of our last little "day" trip out to florence you can see the humor in all of this. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I was thinking about the woodpeckers or along those lines for this weekend.

PS. I would love to run woddy's again after I upgrade to a locked front with x-over (2 months or so).

16. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Marv /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif your link not working /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifI'll try Map /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

These new guys are fun /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am planning on being out there on Saturday. I am waiting on my spare fuel pump to arrive from Summit (which should happen tomorrow) and I should be set and ready to run.

I am thinking something more body friendly would be good. I don't really want to beat up my truck to bad. I have no armor yet. I don't mind if I set it down and dent the rockers a little or whatever but nothing to extreme. Plus this will be my first real wheeling trip with locked, geared, motored, etc. I am kinda low clearence too. Only 2.5" lift with 35's.

I don't know many of the trails out at Florence but I was thinking something along the lines of Upper or Lower Woodpecker. Wide open trail, bypasses, tough spots, and many play areas. I am in need of a trail to feel my truck out on, and learn.

Any of you Phoenix guys want to meet up and caravan out to Florence? I am located at 7st & I-10.

Harley

18. damagedgoods

damagedgoods Registered Member

<font color="green"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifcount me in MARVE YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO. I AM UP FOR ANYTHING I AM A CRASY SOB . HELL I WAS OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND IN THE RAIN AND MUD.THAT ADS A WHOLE NEW ELEMENT TO ANY TRAIL,EVEN THE EASY ONES LIKE THE ONE I DID .LOWER WOODPECKER. I THINK MIKE AND BRANDON SAID THEY WOULD GO TO. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif D.J.

19. BadDog

How about this then. An early run on the Wood Peckers, then a quick run limited to highly modified rigs (so we can move fast since it will be getting later in the day) on Woodies Wash?

20. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

yep, woodys wash isn't really a one locker trail. I didn't even run it last time and I bent a main leaf. Good thing too, I probably would have messed up more. I'm up for a run on woodpecker (I think I could make it with one locker), or if someone has an open seat, I could ride along on a harder trail. I'm ordering a locker tomarow, but it woun't be here til next week. Then I'll run something more difficult, I don't want to drag down the group with an open diff on a hard trail.

Either sat or sun is fine for me.