Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New throttle body

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Feb 22, 2003.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I have an 88 with a 383 TBI I was thinking about geting a new throttle body, if its worth it. I don't know which ones are better, so please let me know which one to look at which one not to look at, and anything else to look for.

Thanks!!

2. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Is there something wrong with the current TBI you're using? If you're having problems, you may just need a good rebuild. Unless you're cam, heads, and intake are pretty wild, you should be fine with the stock TBI. Talk to the folks at www.turbocity.com and they will be able to answer all your questions. Good luck!

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Where did you get your 383 TBI? Build or crate? Im wondering because I saw a crate 383 TBI a long time ago and now I cant seem to find it. Thanks.

4. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I was looking around on the internet and found a place called ADC or something like that in Ft. Collins. He built the engine in about a week, answered every question that I had and delivered the engine for free. Iwas very happy with the service and the engine runs great!